Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

COVID-19 assistance to frontline healthcare workers

Answered

Vodafone and Optus have provided waived fees for frontline healthcare workers for 2 and 3 months. Telstra should offer same incentives to show appreciation to people that put lives of others in front of theirs. Thank you 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: COVID-19 assistance to frontline healthcare workers

Hi @Nurse3 

Thank you for your post, we're definitely appreciative of all the frontline healthcare workers at this time. 

I've passed on your feedback to the appropriate areas and you can keep up with how Telstra is supporting customers at this time here: https://tel.st/25qgp

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @Maverick83

Thanks for your post.

As mentioned above, all updates will be announced here: https://tel.st/tumtz or here: https://tel.st/wxypv

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey All,

We have the utmost respect for our frontline medical teams, and they’re doing phenomenal work under difficult conditions, but we think there are more impactful ways for us to help our customers who are financially struggling and society more broadly.

Health care workers can now access a prioritised messaging service for their Telstra customer service enquiries via the My Telstra app because health care staff are working long and hard to keep us safe. We recognise they’re time poor and this priority service will make it quicker and easier for them to reach the Telstra team. All health care workers with an active AHPRA registration and a Telstra service are eligible.

Customers can access more information about the offer via https://tel.st/8w73t on the COVID-19 home page and COVID-19 customer offers page.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
25 REPLIES 25
Level 1: Cadet

Have testra waived the fees. If so what do I need to do to get the bill waived 

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I also agree, it would be a nice gesture. I’ve just jumped on to see if it was occurring yet, and nope. Not yet announced. They have said that we are included in previous measures such as unlimited data until April, however, I don’t see how that is of any use to nurses. I don’t know about yourself, but in the last 4 days I have worked 58 hours. The times I’m at home I’m sleeping. I don’t need more data than what I have. 

oh well! Let’s see if it changes in coming days. 

Highlighted

@Nurse3 wrote:

Vodafone and Optus have provided waived fees for frontline healthcare workers for 2 and 3 months. Telstra should offer same incentives to show appreciation to people that put lives of others in front of theirs. Thank you 

ya they do thanks for sharing this with us...

Highlighted

Yes it would be nice to show their appreciation since we are risking our lives to help everyone else. 

@Nurse3 wrote:

Highlighted

I definately agree. The increased data is for our workers having to set up home offices. Nothing to really do with us. Pretty dissapointing. I'm considering a move over to Optus. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @Nurse3 

Thank you for your post, we're definitely appreciative of all the frontline healthcare workers at this time. 

I've passed on your feedback to the appropriate areas and you can keep up with how Telstra is supporting customers at this time here: https://tel.st/25qgp

Highlighted

Hi, any update on this?? Thanks

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @Maverick83

Thanks for your post.

As mentioned above, all updates will be announced here: https://tel.st/tumtz or here: https://tel.st/wxypv

Highlighted

Hey everyone, I've been pretty disappointed with Telstra not moving on this so Ive just signed up to Optus and with the cheaper plan on sim-only and 3 months free I will end up $250 better off in a year. 

Pretty big win I think

Highlighted

Can we please get a response on this? Others are requiring the APHRA number which is a way to regulate this: Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency 

Highlighted

Very poor from Telstra. Really dropped the ball on this. Definitely considering moving to Optus now. Getting the same feeling from chatter amongst colleagues too.

Highlighted

Is there any news of Telstra waiving frontliner's monthly bills for 3 months? I am very disappointed that Telstra has not followed suit with Vodafone and Optus. We don't need extra data by the way.

Highlighted

Did we get any response for the offer similar to Vodafone and Telstra.?? If not am switching providers.. going to Vodafone.   Very dissapointed with Telstra.  What does extra data do foe me.. I hardly use the allocated data.  

Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director

I'm sure they'd be open to this, they were the first telco to waive the bills of firefighters during the bushfires.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
Highlighted

All the health care worker should do the same 

Highlighted

I am so angry about this I am on the verge of having a bloody stroke!  I am exposing myself to the COVID-19 virus every working day of my life and potentially taking this back to my wife and kids where they could get sick, with my wife loosing her job due to the epidemic and then I find out Telstra if fleecing their customers as if i am with another telecommunications company they will give me a bit of relief on my bill for a few months! Bloody testra!  All they are after is your cash.  Why the hell are we loyal to them? What is wrong with us?  We need to leave telstra in great numbers and move to Vodaphone or Optus.  Telstra, you have done it again - disappointed your customers and our nation! Telstra is the moral equivalent of a leech during these challenging times and it will not be forgiven or forgotten. Telstra's current provisions for consumers during the COVID-19 crisis is about as meaningful as the dislike button on a YouTube comment and must of been proposed as a great idea by someone in marketing with the same level of intelligence as a glass of water! Come on Telstra, match what your competitors are doing or we, your customers, will be jumping to another provider! 

Highlighted

Hi as a healthcare worker im not sure why we would need this. I am still employed still earning my normal wage. Would rather this initiative be used for those who have lost jobs and income and who maybe do not qualify for government help. Xx

Highlighted

Couldn’t agree more Lindab1

Highlighted

I switched from Optus to Telstra as I had been with Optus for over 15 years and the service I received was terrible.

When trying to find the right contract with Telstra I was told if I took out a 36 months plan I would receive $360 FREE install credit, if I was to take out a 24 month contract I would receive $240 FREE install credit. I thought wow this is pretty good but wondered what the catch was. I continued to ask questions!

The catch was either contract I choose I would have $10 added to my monthly bill. Therefore I was not getting any FREE install credit and I was just paying it off with my bill. This is when I realised Telstra are only looking for your money.

So really it would surprise me if they didnt follow the others. When my contract is up I cant wait to get away form Telstra, I cant imagine the poor people who have been sucked into this disgusting act!

Highlighted

I am most definitely moving to Optus from Telstra after the lack of respect Telstra has shown us healthcare workers. We are putting are lives at risk daily and working extremely extensive hours to help control COVID-19. I feel we should definitely be provided with the extra support. Very disappointing on Telstra's behalf. 

Highlighted

@Me173 I fail to see how not offering a discount is "lack of respect" don't expect anything extra from Optus after COVID-19 is over, you'll be just another customer.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey All,

We have the utmost respect for our frontline medical teams, and they’re doing phenomenal work under difficult conditions, but we think there are more impactful ways for us to help our customers who are financially struggling and society more broadly.

Health care workers can now access a prioritised messaging service for their Telstra customer service enquiries via the My Telstra app because health care staff are working long and hard to keep us safe. We recognise they’re time poor and this priority service will make it quicker and easier for them to reach the Telstra team. All health care workers with an active AHPRA registration and a Telstra service are eligible.

Customers can access more information about the offer via https://tel.st/8w73t on the COVID-19 home page and COVID-19 customer offers page.

Highlighted

Certainly poor form of Telstra to not meet the same offer...... not only are they not meeting it but this is the third avenue where I have reached out with this very same question and with no response

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Healthfrontline

The post above yours explains what Telstra are doing to assist frontline health care workers, from a Telstra Rep. 

Customers can access more information about the offer via https://tel.st/v9zek on the COVID-19 home page and COVID-19 customer offers page.

Highlighted

I agree a disgrace by Telstra. Lack of support of health workers shows them up again. Further internet problems at our house require a new modem- Telstra can Still not deliver one after 2 weeks- The process was ridiculous and simply to say ‘delay’ not good enough. Optus and Vodafone very nimble according to friends with many options like free 4g hubs until fixed Telstra zero-  pathetic

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit