test34545656756
Level 2: Rookie

How long for 45,000 bonus points to be credited?

Hi,

when I signed up to my iPhone 12 Pro XL plan in October this year there was an offer on your website of 45,000 Telstra plus points.

it has now been almost 6 weeks since I placed my original order and there have been no points credited to my account.

I have tried to speak with “gold member chat” to understand when these would be credited, but each conversation takes 5-12 hours for them to reply and all I ever receive is “14 days” with no reference to 14 from when.

Can someone please provide me some guidance on when the points will be credited to my Telstra+ account? And some guidance on what to do if they do not show up by this deadline?

Regards, Luke

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
30 REPLIES 30
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How long for 45,000 bonus points to be credited?

Usually 2 billing cycles after the delivery of the device.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
test34545656756

Thanks Jupiter.

Just to clarify - the points would be credited to my account within, say, 24 hrs of paying the second bill in the cycle, is that correct?

Jupiter

No. There is no guaranteed time frame. Telstra Plus points are usually credited to your account around 3 days after a bill is paid (or purchase is made). Bonus points are different as they go through a different system to get credited.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
test34545656756

Thanks Jupiter.

I am surprised that there is no timeframe attached to these offers, it certainly makes managing expectations difficult from the customers point of view.

At what point in time do you think I should become concerned about the points being credited?

Jupiter

I would be querying it a week after the bill due date of the second bill that shows the charges for your new iPhone.

test34545656756

Thanks, that is very clear.

test34545656756

Hi,

Just to follow up on this, it has now been over two weeks since my bill was due and over 3 weeks since it was paid.

I placed my order in October and I can’t believe that it’s coming to the end of December and these points have still not been credited.

Does anyone have advice on the best method to follow this up? I have found the “Telstra plus Gold support” to be a complete waste of time in dealing with what seems a very simple issue.

Thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards, Luke

OllieW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Should be 14 days from delivery test, I assume the phone has already arrived and the plan has started?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

test34545656756

Hi,

Your assumption is correct. Phone was delivered over 4 weeks ago.

I receive continuously conflicting information from Telstra reps each time.
> 30 days from order completion

> 14 days after second bill

> 45 days from order date

All of these have elapsed. I feel like there ‘bonus’ points are some kind of scam to get people to sign up and then get stuck in never-ending loops of mixed messages designed to make me give up and forget.

Very disappointed by Telstra’s service in fulfilling what is a simple condition of sale.

OllieW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Ok cool, so you should definetley receive the points test, I'd recommend messaging the rewards team on the My Telstra app to get them added.

- Ollie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

test34545656756

Thanks Ollie.

I appreciate that your recommendations are from a place of trying to assist. However; I have just counted and I have had 27 individual conversations with “gold support” through the Telstra app over the past 4 weeks.

Each of these conversations individually has taken a number of hours and resulted in a vague “x days” (x is always a different number) and informing me to wait.

At this point, after being a 10-year Telstra customer, I feel very frustrated as there doesn’t appear to be any course available to me for having this issue resolved.

OllieW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Ah bugger, that would be annoying.

I'd ask Gold Support to raise your case up to a complaint, that should get things moving.

test34545656756

Hi Ollie, thanks for the suggestion.

I have asked gold support to raise the complaint on Monday.

Unfortunately this doesn’t seem to have had any impact on getting an answer on when these points will be credited.

I refuse to let these deliberate attempts on Telstra’s part to avoid crediting me these points by successful, there must be some point of context that remains?

I am at the point now where, after being ignored for a number of weeks, I will be leaving Telstra behind as soon as I can get this resolved. Absolutely shocking.

OllieW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Did they get a case raised up Luke? If so a case manager should contact you to resolve the missing points.

Any word fro them?

test34545656756

Thanks Ollie.

I have a case number (04871797) and I’m told that someone will contact me in the next 5 business days.

I guess I’ll hold out until then, but honestly given the consistent misinformation up until this point I have no expectation I will hear anything.

I find it shocking that, if I’m late on my bill, I am charged $15 automatically (per my contract with Telstra), but when promised bonus points are not credited there is absolutely no recourse except for a text chat which is clearly designed to obfuscate and avoid solving questions.

ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

We appreciate the feedback, Luke. With complaints, while you can expect contact as soon as possible, it does usually occur within 5 business days after they're raised. The impacts of the past months have caused some delays but I'd expect you to be contact next week. If for some you haven't had contact by close of business next Wednesday, please let us know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

test34545656756

Hi Shannon,

While I appreciate the details and that there is a process, my point is two fold:

1/ I should never have had to put over 4 weeks of conversations, time, effort and stress into having a clearly noted contractural condition enforced in the first place

2/ Based on all conversations I have had with Telstra so far, I have no faith that anyone will be in contact with me, nor have any interest in resolving my concern.

I look forward to being surprised and having someone reach out by Tuesday 4th of Jan (5 days after my complaint was raised).

saitken
Level 3: Gumshoe

I thought I’d chime in here as a 15 year customer experiencing the exact same issue regarding this offer.

I’ve had countless conversations about this and have had no luck getting a resolution.

I have raised a TIO complaint that Telstra hasn’t even bothered to respond to. This has now escalated to Level 2.

I’ll simply keep escalating until they provide a resolution which for me I think will now involve compensation in addition to the missing points.

EthanG
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @saitken, so we can follow up could you please send me a private message with your reference number? We'll be able to contact your case manager.

saitken

Hi Ethan,

seems not a lot at Telstra actually works - tried messaging you but apparently have reached my limit?

my Telstra complaint 04789784

TIO reference 

2020/12/10564

thanks

Stephen 

jayonaise
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for coming back with the reference numbers Saitken, I see your post there from the weekend. There should have been a response on this by now.

I'll let your case manager know you have been in touch. Happy to follow up further if needed.

saitken

Nobody has been in touch at all mate

I just do not understand how this is acceptable!

You guys have effectively are engaging in unconscionable conduct here offering a promo that still cannot be honoured.  

I actually no longer care about the resolution and will also engage the ACCC in relation to false advertising

Is it ok that people have to beg for the promo offered on sign up? its getting pathetic now 

saitken

the answer is never!

Telstra have no intention of honouring their word here on this promo

It will take you multiple contacts, time and stress dealing with a company that has completely lost its values.

Good luck in your attempt but I'm not accepting any resolutions now until they explain to me and apologise and most importantly compensate for the time and energy lost

Imagine all those that haven't realised - Telstra is taking them for a ride

saitken

Add my ACCC report to this guys

Web form ID: accc-report:357369

I have respectfully asked for all transcripts, records and notes regarding this as is my right under the Privacy Act 1989 and actually now you have annoyed me so much I will not accept any resolutions until I receive this information so that I can take it to the relevant regulators. 

Jupiter

Just in case you haven't filled out the form, here is a link to request your customer records.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/customer-data-access

saitken

thank you so much!

Do they really want to charge me $40 per hour to access my own information? 

It's taken them 4 months to even resolve a complaint - so imagine how many hours Id be up for them to respond to an access request!!!!

Seems Illegal 

Is there a charge?

Requesting your personal information is free.

However, an organisation may charge for providing you access, but this charge can’t be excessive. The organisation must tell you there’s a charge and explain the reasons for it.

The charge may include the cost of:

• staff searching for, locating and retrieving the requested information, and deciding which personal information is relevant to the request
  • staff reproducing and sending the personal information
  • the postage or materials involved in giving access
  • using an intermediary, if necessary

An organisation can’t use this charge to discourage you from requesting access to your personal information. If possible, they should tell you the likely amount of the charge when you make the request.

They should also discuss with you options for changing your request to minimise the charge. For example, changing the way they give it to you — by email rather than post.

An agency can’t charge you for providing access to your personal information.

Jupiter

It's not illegal, the charge is within the scope defined in the Act.

And technically, it's not your information, it's information held by Telstra pertaining to you as a customer that you have a right to request a copy of under the Act.

saitken

Still not a word!.....

WALZZ
Level 4: Private Eye

JayVee1
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Saitken,

Has your case manager been in touch to resolve this as of yet?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit