Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Premium plus the speed boost.

Ok, I had the $130 premium plan plus the speed boost long enough that the 2 year plan had ended and I was just doing it monthly out of a plan, I got ~97mb/s D/L and ~36mb/s U/L. A family member moved out so I thought I would try the lesser $75 plan for a few days and I extrapolated that when using Netflix I would blow the 500mb download limit for the month so I went back onto the premium plus the speed boost, which turned out to be $110 now - a happy circumstance - got it all connected, tested it and got 88mb/s + 31mb/s first try and thought I would test it every now and then. My last test as of 2 hours ago was 46mb/s D/L and 19mb/s U/L as well as a new plan heading called "standard plus speed". So not only did someone change what I ordered and received but when I asked 'why' I was told the system won't allow any premium plus speed boost connections. I must have imagined my connection through the last 2+ years and the new 88mb/s connection before they down graded me? Anyone else have this happen and/or anyone know what the real story is?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Premium plus the speed boost.

Telstra changed its policy on what was the maximum NBN  speed they would allow on a DSL NBN connection (FTTN, FFTB, FTTC) from 100/20 to 50/20.

In my opinion this is another case of Telstra over reacting. There is no reason apart from faults why a FTTC or a FTTN/B  connection close to a node can not achieve a link speed greater than 50/20.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Premium plus the speed boost.

True, mine is FTTN and the lowest result on telstra's speed test was the recent one at 88/31. Before that it was almost constantly mid90's/mid30's.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit