Level 1: Cadet

Rewards points

Answered

How do we transfer our points without having to contact Telstra in the FAQs they say we can but don’t tell you how 

VERY FRUSTRATING 

I need to give my fiancée points to get recharge credit 

Jamie Barrass
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Rewards points

Thanks babe xoxo 

Larissa

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented

Has your partner joined Telstra Plus as well?  from the https://www.telstra.com.au/plus/terms-and-conditions

Transferring points

You can transfer points to any other Telstra account that has joined Telstra Plus.

All my devices are on the same account and Rewards plan, so I have never had to transfer to an external service..  it is supposed to be possible from the app, but I can't see it (only took a quick look)..  it all seems to point back to the main rewards page?

You could add her to your account? 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Thanks babe xoxo 

Larissa

View solution in original post

Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @Tanglesbarrass7,

If you were going to transfer the whole amount of points (eg 10,000 for a $30 recharge), you don't need to transfer Telstra Plus points to your fiancee for them to then redeem points for a Pre-Paid Recharge. 

You can redeem the points yourself for a Pre-Paid Recharge when you're logged into the Telstra Plus website. 

The Pre-Paid recharge through Telstra Plus is a bit like buying a recharge voucher from a Supermarket....it will have a voucher code and an expiry date with at least 1 year to use it on any Pre-Paid mobile that is currently on a Pre-Paid plan that accepts the recharge amount.

If either of you haven't redeem points for a recharge before, I can tell you that once you've redeemed the points it doesn't automatically recharge a Pre-Paid mobile service that is linked to the Telstra Plus points.

You should receive an email with the Voucher code for the Recharge once the transaction has been completed.

My sister didn't receive an email when she redeemed her points for a recharge....but luckily she did take a photo on her mobile phone of the Recharge Voucher Code before the transaction was finalised.

I highly recommend that you either take a photo/ screenshot or write the Recharge Voucher Code down before you finalise the transaction incase you don't receive an email. Then you can still use the Voucher Code to recharge the Pre-Paid service even if you didn't get the email.

If your weren't going to transfer the whole amount of Telstra Plus points for the recharge you'll need to contact Telstra to get them to transfer the points.

Try ringing 132200, although you'll probably have trouble getting through at the moment.

You would then need to send a message via the My Telstra App on your mobile phone (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen). 

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a consultant". You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. It could take hours for the initial reply, you should receive a notification on your mobile phone when they reply.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit