Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Telstra Locator and Complimentary Subscription - Exclusive Gold Tier Reward

Answered

Hello, I just signed up for this great free offer, and the device should be arriving tomorrow, however when I checked my services in the Telstra 24/7 dashboard I noticed that there is now a new menu item "Telstra Locator Subscription" and it shows that I am being charged $10.00 per month for this FREE "Complimentary lifetime subscription for Telstra Locater".

I also received an email containing the contract details which also states I will be charged $10 per month for my "Complimentary lifetime subscription for Telstra Locater".

What gives???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra Products & Services Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Locator and Complimentary Subscription - Exclusive Gold Tier Reward

@smee90

I can confirm the discount is on your account and you will not be charged for this product.  24/7 does not take into consideration any discounts you may have on your account, I will raise this with the team and attempt to get the wording updated. 

Bianca
Telstra Products Team

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted

Hello smee90, 

You shouldn't be charged at all, would you mind sending your 13 digit billing account number to support.locator@team.telstra.com so I can take a look for you? 

Thanks! 

Bianca
Telstra Products Team
Highlighted

Hi Beejane, thanks for the reply, I'll send that number now. Cheers.

Highlighted

The email address you gave me just bounced and the Telstra robot reply said it was undeliverable , what is the correct address?

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have had the exact same thing happen to me.

Highlighted

Apologises, Ill need to look into it, please message me via Crowd Support and Ill have a look into it for you. 

Bianca
Telstra Products Team
Highlighted

Hi Braelene,

Please message me via Crowd Support your account number and a screenshot of where your seeing the charges and Ill have a look into it for you. 

Bianca
Telstra Products Team
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

@smee90

I can confirm the discount is on your account and you will not be charged for this product.  24/7 does not take into consideration any discounts you may have on your account, I will raise this with the team and attempt to get the wording updated. 

Bianca
Telstra Products Team

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Beejane, I appreciate your help and the quick resolution. Hopefully others will read this and lessen your work-load. Cheers

Highlighted

Same thing happened to me. Im a 'gold tier' customer (wow how lucky) and this gimmick was offered but now I'm receiving multiple emails advising I will be charged $10 a month for my 'free' gold tier gift. I don't want it anymore...

Highlighted

Hi,

what if I don't have the subscription applied to my account? Is there a process I follow to apply the subscription and the discount?

(I thought the subscription would have been applied before dispatch?)

Thanks!

Jordo.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I have the same issue. I received my Telstra Locator today. I am yet to set it up as I do not want to be charged the $10 per month

Highlighted

Hi, I work for Telstra and have been across this offer. My Account and some email communication will advise of a $10 per month charge as they are standard comms sent to all customers and therefore are unable to identify that you have a discount. If you opted into the offer via the online rewards store you will have the discount applied. Thanks. 

Bianca
Telstra Products Team
Highlighted

Hi, I work for Telstra and have been across this offer. My Account and some email communication will advise of a $10 per month charge as they are standard comms sent to all customers and therefore are unable to identify that you have a discount. If you opted into the offer via the online rewards store you will have the discount applied. The team are working to update wording on our comms to avoid any future confusion. Thanks! 

Bianca
Telstra Products Team
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you

Highlighted

I'm in the same boat. Thought I was taking advantage of a great offer and finally something somewhat interesting to spend my rewards points on. Got the same email after ordering saying I'll be charged a monthly fee. I'll be very disappointed if I start seeing fees. 

Highlighted

Yes got offered same deal and charged the same

Highlighted

I am having the same issue also. Can you please confirm on my account also. And have this issue fixed perhaps?

Highlighted

Same scenario here; the person I got to 'help' me on chat was very unhelpful to say the least.  Apparently no offer, I ordered it.  They can have it back.

Highlighted

I think this might be happening everywhere as i have had the exact same thing happen to me. I will be watching my next bill closely to make sure i'm not getting charged!

Highlighted

I can confirm that I was NOT charged the $10 subscription on my new bill and the subscription is active. 

Highlighted

Hi had received same email offering free complimentary subscription, then to get an email stating I will be charged $10 per month, if I’m going to be charged I don’t want this offer

Highlighted

Same thing happened to me. It seems that billing and promotions don't talk to each other. I have had this occur with other "specials" that the sales team offer me and then I get charged full price. I will see if I also get charged the $10 a month in the next bill.

Highlighted

Exact same thing just happened to me! Obviously nothing has been done about updating this yet. 

Highlighted

This has just happened to me also and having so much trouble trying to contact anybody from telstra so hope I also will not be charged this $10 a month

Highlighted

The exact same thing has happened to me.  I have been trying to call and speak to a real person at Telstra for over a week now and there doesn’t seem to be anyone available to take my call. I wanted to have the order stopped but the locator has now turned up. I too will be watching my account to see if this is a “FREE” gift. 

Highlighted

I got caught with this one as well.  Stupidly, I thought I was getting a free gift subscription as a Gold Tier member.  The locators arrived and now I see that I am going to be hit with a $10 a month charge for the pleasure.  This I don't need!   I have a big enough Telstra Bill as it is.   How do I escape this 'Nothing is free' trap I fell into.

Highlighted

Hi bianca, I was wondering if I was actually going to received my free locator tags and when they will be delivered. I ordered the package back 22/08 and no idea of said package?? Could you help please help me as telstra won't answer their phones!!!

Highlighted

hiya i was wondering how long did u wait 4 ur locators from applying for them? im still waiting a mth later 4 delivery Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Hi there,  I reckon they come in about 2 weeks.   I was wondering what I had received in the mail.. as I was not expecting Telstra to move quickly.    I haven’t used them yet ... I am still not convinced that I will not be charged the $10 per month.  So far so good, but I haven’t activated them yet.   Good luck.

Highlighted

Thanks for your advice.

I haven't received mine yet.

Someone is looking into it for me.

I'd definitely make sure about being charged, I already have but no $ amount shown on bill. Funny as!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit