_ScreenName
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Locator subscription not active

Answered

Signed up and received the device and email confirmation, however, cannot use the product at all as the subscription is not active per the mobile app. Cannot get through on phone nor chat, this is the last resort to trying to get some customer service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_ScreenName
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Locator subscription not active

Now resolved. The Telstra order was cancelled internally without any correspondence; apparently a credit check was required for the complimentary gold offer... it took multiple repeated requests to follow up to get this resolved. Subscription is now active. Nothing to do with my devices whatsoever, 100% Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Is your locator a bluetooth or Wi-Fi type?

Did you have a look here? 

https://www.telstra.com.au/location-of-things/telstra-locator

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
_ScreenName

The issue is more fundamental - you can't even search for devices if the app decides your subscription is not active. The app unhelpfully suggests looking in my account (I can't see anywhere to tell if the subscription is active under my account). On the Telstra app it says "Device locator is not available for your account" which I assume means the subscription isn't setup.

My order was fulfilled 31/7 for "Telstra Locator and Complimentary Subscription - Exclusive Gold Tier Reward" so it should be working by now.

SteveW_52

OK, can't help you with account issues because I am just a customer like you. just trying to help people as best I can.

If you have the My Telstra app on your phone, you can try chat there - it seems to be the only way to contact anyone for support. Tell Codi the idiot chat bot that you want to talk to a human..  you will probably have to repeat yourself several times..  and in the end, you should be able to at least leave a message - be clear about the issue so it is not misinterpreted. You might not get a respons immediately but they should eventually contact you back. Once you have started the chat, don't end it - leave it active and check for notifications. good luck.

Stevo 52
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Your Telstra Locator Subscription should be showing near the bottom of the list of your account page on the website.

If it's not there, then you will need to contact Telstra to find out why.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
_ScreenName

I have tried with Codi before and it wasn't productive as there wasn't a menu option it could understand, ill give it another shot. Pretty annoying.

SteveW_52

Yes, it is frustrating..  but pretty much the only option...  if there is an option "something else' go that way..

Stevo 52
_ScreenName

This is pointless. The 24x7 chat on the web page eventually gets Codi to say there are no agents, the mobile app I cannot get message telstra to work for the past 48 hours so there is basically nothing to be done. No worries, time to move more services away from the zero customer support provider.

SteveW_52

You might need to update or remove and reinstall the My Telstra app..  it has been updated recently - now at V 56.0.47 on Android.

I used it yesterday and it worked fine, even got a response very quickly!

The web page Chat doesn't go anywhere at present but the My Telstra app Help | Chat is functional, once you get past Codi.

Stevo 52
ahb
Level 3: Gumshoe

If you are still having issues please contact the Locator team at locator.support@team.telstra.com?

_ScreenName
Accepted Solution

Now resolved. The Telstra order was cancelled internally without any correspondence; apparently a credit check was required for the complimentary gold offer... it took multiple repeated requests to follow up to get this resolved. Subscription is now active. Nothing to do with my devices whatsoever, 100% Telstra.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit