Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Plus 1st Birthday

I registered for the Telstra Plus 1st birthday and after a couple of days waiting for a notification for it, I have not received any notification on what I have received. Any chance someone could help me figure out what's going on with this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Plus 1st Birthday

The draw was 2 days ago and the results will be publish on the website tomorrow.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Do you know when and where the results would be published?

Highlighted

It's meant to be published some time today at https://www.telstra.com.au/plus/firstbirthday

But I'm not sure how they are going to publish 2,071,434 winners results.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi, I also entered into the Telstra Plus 1st Birthday Gift Giveaway. From what I understood and also from what I read in the T&Cs "One entry per Telstra Plus member WILL win a prize that is randomly allocated" which means everyone receives at least a little prize. However I have not received an email and heard anything either yet. Did I understand this wrong?

Highlighted

Given that the number of prizes would seem to roughly equate to the number of Telstra Plus members, There is probably a 75% chance that you have won 100 Telstra plus points.

It could take them a while longer than they thought to notify everyone of what they've won.

The mind boggles at what they were thinking when they wrote the T&C's when they said they'd publish the winners names when there are that many prizes.

Highlighted

Ok so I was right in believing everyone won something.

I'll just wait and see. 😁

Highlighted

@SkippySally wrote:

Hi, I also entered into the Telstra Plus 1st Birthday Gift Giveaway. From what I understood and also from what I read in the T&Cs "One entry per Telstra Plus member WILL win a prize that is randomly allocated" which means everyone receives at least a little prize. However I have not received an email and heard anything either yet. Did I understand this wrong?

that’s what I thought also.  

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Hi - If you go to the Telstra Plus Page, at the bottom there is a link to the First Birthday Prize URL - this shows the major Points prize winners and the Device Winners. I understand that all other existing customers will receive an email advising them of their prize. Hopefully by next week.  

https://www.telstra.com.au/plus/firstbirthday

Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Hi @Mkrtich 

Yeah checked the page, no winnings for me, how did you fair?

Maybe Telstra should have a first birthday for people who provide (ongoing) support to the Telstra crowd support community.

Were not getting paid to be here, and Telstra encourage people to come here for support.

So if Telstra would like our free advice, probably wouldn't hurt  to offer a little incentive.

As much as I like helping people same as you I guess

Makes sense!!

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

just got this reply from telstra and thought I would share it hear with everyone.

Thanks for confirming that Lauren and I'm sorry that the details haven't been published yet.

There's been a small delay with the details and winners will be emailed next week.

- Tori from telstra

Highlighted

Hello Rohan123 - Sadly I am not on the list of major winners, but we are all going to get something as a form of recognition for being Telstra customers. I think having a Rewards scheme is a great bonus in itself. Maybe luck will turn our way for the second birthday celebration Smiley Happy. Cheers.   

Highlighted

Hello @Mkrtich 

Yes I agree that the reward scheme in it's self is a good idea.

was just trying to expand on the whole Telstra rewards scheme.

better luck next time.

like all your advice on crowd support by the way.

Keep up the good work.

Rohan

So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Rohan
Highlighted

I'm all for rewards schemes, but I doubt that I'll ever use any of my points for anything as there is nothing in the rewards store that tickles my fancy (or would be useful).

Highlighted

I ordered a Reward (21/05/2020) and till date (20/06/2020) I have only the confirmation email of the order and nothing else from Telstra. They deducted the points all right and that's it!! I don't know how this Reward scheme works. I tried calling, messaging, the stupid Codi Chatbot.. nope - there's no way for me to get in touch.

Highlighted

Hi @Jupiter 

Nothing in the reward store interests you?

I am trying to get enough points to buy the Samsung galaxy s20 ultra.

to start with then probably a case then some wireless earbuds for starters Smiley Happy

Like your advice to.

Rohan

Rohan
Highlighted

Hi @NullPointer 

Codi fries my brain to, so you have tried the Telstra app then?

link below.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mytelstra

More information on how to leave a message via the My Telstra app can be found at
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-message-with-us-in-the-My-Telstra-app/t...

Rohan
Highlighted

Not everyone wins something i dont think

Highlighted

I registered as soon as i heard about it.....the time has come and gone.....no emails, my name wasn't listed......have Telstra forgotten about me??

Highlighted

I don't think so. As the Hot Chocolate song goes - "Everyone's a Winner". It takes time to arrange and send out emails to over 2 million users - I think that would tax any possible Microsoft Group Email list capability. May be it will be sent out with your next bill cycle. The other factor that may be influencing a delay in sending the advices, is that the Telstra Plus web store is currently struggling to supply current orders and backorders, so adding a huge volume of redemptions may also tax its capabilities and further exacerbate the current situation.   

Highlighted

I think it was a case of diving in without checking the depth with the promotion. Whoever put it together obviously didn't realise the scale of what they were trying to do.

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @coggibird,

I've noticed in the Major device Winners dropdown not all the Device's that were being given as a Gift have been listed.

https://www.telstra.com.au/plus/firstbirthday

Hopefully you've won 1 of these devices Smiley Wink

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

It doesn’t look they’ve posted all of the major device winners as there are only 9 different items listed but there were 16 on the T&Cs.

Highlighted

I just received my email about my prize,

Probably worth about the same amount as a take away hot chocolate Smiley Happy

I got 100 Telstra plus points woo hoo, though Telstra did say it may take some time to reflect in my account.

Rohan
Highlighted

I haven't gotten anything yet either. Checked all the lists and my name isn't on them yet.

Highlighted

Hi all, I thought I just check my Telstra Plus Account this morning and was thrilled to see that I had been credited 500 points as 1st Birthday Gift yesterday though I still haven't received any email or message to date. So guys, check your Telstra Plus Accounts, there might be a little surprise waiting.

Highlighted

Hi @SkippySally,

I did the same as you suggested a couple of hour's ago.

I noticed that I also received 500 points as my Telstra Gift (Woohoo)....it's showing yesterday's date that the points were credited to my Account.

I haven't received any notification via email regarding it yet either. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

I also received 500 points but no email.

Highlighted

There is a pdf list for "minor" tech prizes. Maybe have a look in there.

@Son201 wrote:

It doesn’t look they’ve posted all of the major device winners as there are only 9 different items listed but there were 16 on the T&Cs.

Highlighted

Yes, suggest to check the PDFs again if you haven't received an email. Looking at them this morning, I see that they have been severely edited with heaps of additional names. The 1000 points section is now 467 pages, the 500 points section is 1099 pages and the 100 points section is 18 pages long.

Highlighted

I received my email at 6.38pm yesterday from Telstra regarding my 500 points Telstra Plus Gift.

It will obviously take a while for Telstra to email all winner's.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit