Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Plus 50000 points

Answered

Hi, On 04-DEC, I received an in app offer to register for direct debit and receive 50000 Telstra plus points. It’s been more than 15 business days since my first direct debit and no points in my account. I checked the eligibility and it’s eligible. Can you assist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Plus 50000 points

Hi @Nitz , from personal experience, mine took closer to 30 days to appear, the similar timeframe for bonus offers, points from payments made towards your Telstra account often appear much quicker. Hope this helps, if you're wanting to query this get in touch with the Billing team on 13 22 00 or via live chat and ask them to raise a missing points inquiry.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi @Nitz , from personal experience, mine took closer to 30 days to appear, the similar timeframe for bonus offers, points from payments made towards your Telstra account often appear much quicker. Hope this helps, if you're wanting to query this get in touch with the Billing team on 13 22 00 or via live chat and ask them to raise a missing points inquiry.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Hey Nitz

It takes 14 Bus days from when the direct debit payment is made I payed my DD on the 3rd didn't get my points until the 23rd was expecting them on the 17th 

If it has been over 14 Bus days ask them to raise a dispute as they do have a team that handles this just supply them with as much info as you can

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

@Nitz I'm way over 30 days and I haven't got my points either :-(

I need to call them too and see where my points have nicky wooped to?

As you did do everything correctly to be eligible.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

@OzmozLive chat are often the way to go for resolving missing points disputes very quickly.

Highlighted

Thanks @jhwiz @Ozmoz @MarethyuAS  for your response. I’ll wait for another few days and then raise a dispute on missing points via chat. I really appreciate your response.

Highlighted

@jhwiz wrote:

@OzmozLive chat are often the way to go for resolving missing points disputes very quickly.

@jhwiz I try and avoid Telstra support for as long as possible and hope it sorts itself out first.

I found my email of a successful direct-debit confirmation for the 6th December 2019. And my billing cycle is the 22nd of each month. 

I did upgrade my NBN plan during this promotion and that causes bill adjustments so that might be the reason for the bonus points delay. And according to the T&C's it can take up to 14 days from that payment on the 22nd, so I'm not sure if it goes by the 22nd of Dec one (as that is still in the offer period to set it up) or the Jan 22nd one?

I'll give it a couple of more weeks, which may be by then a lot of the out-of-stock stuff will be replenished.

I am in the same boat and have raised the incident twice with Live Chat and having been promised that the points would be requested in my account within 48 hours at both times.  Any help would be appreciated in fast tracking this.

Highlighted

@StrikingViking I decided to start chasing up my points.

I tried the LiveChat thing but couldn't get past the Virtual Assistant questions, kept going around in circles, so I called 13 22 00 and spoke to billing.

The lady never heard of the promotion so I had to go through all that with her, but to her credit, she did track it all down and found I was eligible. So she put a form into the Telstra Plus rewards team and I am meant to get a call back in 24-72hrs for confirmation. Although that is most likely business hours (As it's now coming up to the weekend).

The whole promotion seems to be a balls-up from go to woe, and clearly to me, Telstra support staff should get memo's on these things.

Always import though to get SR numbers to make things easier to track down if it doesn't pan out.

Will pop back if/when I get the points :-)

Highlighted

It took 2 months before mine kicked in as I had to wait for the direct debit to come out then another month after that. 🙄

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit