Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Plus Business - upgrade to Telstra ID fail

Hi All,

Telstra chat support suggested I try here to solve this issue so here goes.

I just ordered a new iPhone 12 for my business with the promo of 45,000 bonus points, plus 10,000 sign up bonus. I went to sign up and I get this message:

When I continue, the site logs me out, I have the ability to log back in but nothing happens and the same loop occurs? This happens both on mobile (Telstra App) and desktop.

Also - is it possible to consolidate my personal and business accounts under the one Telstra ID? As I was advised by support it's not possible but the message above sounds like it is possible once upgraded?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Plus Business - upgrade to Telstra ID fail

I'm worried about the competence of some of the support staff.

Try opening the page in an incognito (private) window in your browser. This can get around the problem of cookies misbehaving and should allow you to proceed with signup. If not, it sounds like an account problem and they will need to escalate the problem to back of house for troubleshooting.

As the message says, yes, the Personal and Business accounts can be consolidated under a single Telstra ID.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

I'm having the same problem with no help in sight

I also have the same problem, no real help available using chat and phone calls and constant advice to repeat the same process always ending in the same error message. Very frustrating.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit