Jannothappy
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra plus points

What to do.

I tried to redeem plus points for a recharge voucher.

The points taken but no voucher.

have been going around in circles  for two days trying to communicate through messaging either a robot or absolutely no idea.

and yes it has been over 24 hours  .

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Paul1969

Re: Telstra plus points

Welcome to Telstra, you'll get used to being shafted by them

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Have you checked your spam/junk folder?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @Jannothappy,

You're not the only customer this is happening to. 

My sister used her Telstra Plus points to redeem a $40 Pre-Paid Recharge on Sunday 18th October....it took her points and said she'd receive an email with the voucher code. 

Still to this day she hasn't received an email....she's even looked in the Spam/Junk folder and it's not in there either. 

Lucky for her, she was talking on her mobile to me (so I could help her) when she started the process of purchasing the Recharge.

I told her to take a photo on her mobile phone of the Recharge Voucher number on her Laptop screen incase she doesn't receive the email. 

She recharged her mobile on Wednesday 28th October with the voucher number in the photo on her mobile phone and it was accepted.

I have also used Telstra Plus points to redeem 2 $30 Pre-Paid Recharge on behalf of my Mum and Dad via their My Telstra Account's.

1 was 4 week's ago, the other was maybe 6 week's ago. 

I also took photos of the Recharge Voucher codes incase they didn't receive emails. 

The system was working fine then...they both received emails iinstantly after the transaction.

I can only advise that you contact Telstra by messaging in the My Telstra App on your mobile phone (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. 

It's not instant, you'll get a notification on your mobile when you receive a reply. 

They should be able to trace it back on your Account and give you the Recharge Voucher code.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Jannothappy

Thanks yeah many times 

Jannothappy

Yeah after many many years with Telstra im leaving

Jannothappy

Thanks 

did all the screen shot stuff.

even in my history you can see it but they said because there was a problem mid transaction its lost and cant retrieve.

its the last straw for me thanks for your help but I’m leaving.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit