VT7
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Plus Rewards - no confirmation

Answered

I've purchased $30 pre-paid recharge using 10000pts on the My Telstra app this morning, however when I submit the purchase, it came up with an error page. My points were deducted when I log back in again but so far I haven't received any confirmation email. How long does it normally take to receive a confirmation email? I couldn't find any phone number to call for a confirmation and the "virtual assistant" chat couldn't help at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Plus Rewards - no confirmation

Hi VT7,

You should have received the confirmation email instantly after redeeming your points for a $30 recharge.

I redeemed 10,000 points for a $30 recharge nearly 2 week's ago for my elderly Dad's Pre-Paid service. 

I logged into his account via the Telstra My Account website....I didn't use the My Telstra App. 

I had no problem redeeming it via the My Telstra Account method. 

I didn't get an error page...it showed the email address the confirmation email will be sent to, the order number, points remaining and the Pre-Paid voucher PIN number (showing the expiry date of the voucher).

The email then came through straight away. 

You can contact Telstra to get them to look into this by sending a message in the My Telstra App on your mobile phone (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Smiley3
Accepted Solution

Hi VT7,

You should have received the confirmation email instantly after redeeming your points for a $30 recharge.

I redeemed 10,000 points for a $30 recharge nearly 2 week's ago for my elderly Dad's Pre-Paid service. 

I logged into his account via the Telstra My Account website....I didn't use the My Telstra App. 

I had no problem redeeming it via the My Telstra Account method. 

I didn't get an error page...it showed the email address the confirmation email will be sent to, the order number, points remaining and the Pre-Paid voucher PIN number (showing the expiry date of the voucher).

The email then came through straight away. 

You can contact Telstra to get them to look into this by sending a message in the My Telstra App on your mobile phone (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Gingerbreadman1
Level 1: Cadet

Hi VT7,

Im having the same problem and no one is happy to help me. How did you get this resolved?

Like yourself, i didn't receive an email or txt, an error msg popped up and my points got deducted.Was hoping to get my gifts this week but that has now passed.

dascfasdvasdfva

Exact same issue here, error happened three times before I realised I'd been deducted 30k points! The phone number just hangs up on me now (too busy) and the text help is completely useless and just goes in circles or leaves me waiting days for a response. This is unacceptable. 

Alexi__

As far as I can tell, the rewards business model is "silently deduct points, don't confirm or send anything, and hope they go away". Top marks Telstra.

Three weeks back and forth with "gold" "VIP" "Help", many times just doing nothing and handballing to the next shift, including someone marking it resolved when it wasn't. Most support staff utterly clueless. Have asked for escalation repeatedly and been denied. Finally escalated today.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit