Gaz170
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Plus Rewards Store Will Not Load (Something Went Wrong Error)

Hi, CrowdSupport community. I was trying to redeem some points through the Telstra Plus Rewards store and for over a week, it has failed to load and shown the error message "Something went wrong We're sorry, but we’re currently experiencing technical issues. Please try again later. If you need further assistance, contact 24x7 Chat (link at the bottom of this page) or call us on 13 75 87." The webpage also reads checkout.telstra.com.au/error/fail. If I try to access the store without logging in, it works to a point. Does anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it? Many Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
Kay4350

Re: Telstra Plus Rewards Store Will Not Load (Something Went Wrong Error)

Mines doing the same . I have contacted a few times nothing gets done 

@Gaz170 wrote:

Hi, CrowdSupport community. I was trying to redeem some points through the Telstra Plus Rewards store and for over a week, it has failed to load and shown the error message "Something went wrong We're sorry, but we’re currently experiencing technical issues. Please try again later. If you need further assistance, contact 24x7 Chat (link at the bottom of this page) or call us on 13 75 87." The webpage also reads checkout.telstra.com.au/error/fail. If I try to access the store without logging in, it works to a point. Does anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it? Many Thanks.

oliverrat
Level 3: Gumshoe

Mine has been the same for a couple of weeks. Telstra have said via the help on the app that they are aware that there is a problem effecting some users however they dont have a timeframe for a fix. Its very annoying because I have heaps of points I would like to redeem.

Cheers
oliverrat

My complaint as now been escalated with the support team to investigate. I am meant to get another reply by early next week. Please email my case manager clarita.santos.2@team.telstra.com and let her you you have the same issue. Maybe if more people complain they will fix it. I can see other people have been having the same issue to.

Cheers
Lordraiden3313
Level 1: Cadet

Mine is the same as well. I ve contacted Telstra a few times. They've mentioned that they are working on it. They have a parent case as well with a reference number which I can no longer see from the chat history.

drewmck

I’ve been having this issue for months with endless promises from Telstra to have it fixed within 24 hours.... I get ticket numbers, never hear back from them. It’s actually driving me insane... 

Drew
Lordraiden3313

Time to change your ISP. Im kinda over Telstra's ridiculous support team!

Jacobamo

I have the same issue. Have been contacting support for over a week about this and they aren't doing a thing about it. No responses from support. Seems like they don't want you to be able to redeem your points.

Hayes1311

Has anyone had this fixed? I too am having issues and endless promises. 3 weeks now trying to redeem! Getting extremely frustrated! And so much for being a gold member! Treated like crap! 

oliverrat

mine did get fixed eventually, it did take several weeks. I still never got another reply for the person investigating, I just kept checking it and one day it started working again.

Cheers
EugeneDivoc

It's a circus. Good way to stop the flow of people cashing in their points? It's been months for me

kiwirider

Mines the same and been like that for more than a year. very frustrating situation and seem to be quite a common one with Telstra. i think in my case it might have something to do with having multiple accounts but the Telstra rep I spoke to seems to think its not an issue. 

1Co 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
kiwirider

It would seem taking our dollars is more important than rewarding us for spending our dollars with Telstra. I have been with them for years and it is getting frustrating. 

1Co 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
Dieselrose

Did anyone fix this? It’s started happening with me now too!

Don’t ask me to power cycle devices. I’m above and beyond that...
oliverrat

Yes, mine was finally fixed after I tried a few times to get help via the app chat. A consultant escalated my complaint and I was eventually contacted by a case manager to sort it out with IT. This is the email of the person I was dealing with [REDACTED]

Cheers
StaceyL1
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Oliverrat. 

We've just removed the email address that was included here, as these details shouldn't be shared here. Customers who are having trouble with the Rewards store are encouraged to chat with us through the My Telstra app, so we can get this looked into in more detail and help on a case by case basis. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dieselrose

No offence but using the app is almost useless. Over the past 24 hours I had to repeat the same error message no less than 9 times, plus continue to tell them that it’s not just the app I am using, but web browsers on my laptop and phone as well.

The only response I ever got was, “Have you tried uninstalling the app?” and “What was the error message?”

I was obviously getting different operators, but they all claimed to have read the transcript, only to then repeat the same stuff over and over repeatedly the past 24 hours.

All I want to do is spend my rewards points!

oliverrat

Demand they escalate it and request a case manager, its the only way to get issues resolved. They need to bring back the live chat, the "not so" live chat on the app is so frustrating and can take days to get simple things sorted out now.  

Cheers
Hayes1311

Agreed. No help on the chat. My fix was going in store and finding out that I could redeem in store and didn’t have to wait for delivery! I was so annoyed as I asked was there any other options and chat said no online only. Don’t trust them! And go in store if you can 🥰

oliverrat

I'd didnt know you could redeem in store, thanks for that. Might be a good option for next time.

Cheers
Dieselrose

I will do this tomorrow seeing as the app support is performing extremely poorly.

And by extremely poorly I mean utterly useless as they keep going around in circles.

Finally got a reference number and was told I’d have an update in 1 - 3 days, but I’m not holding my breath.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit