Paul_V
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Plus Users BEWARE

Answered

Recently ordered the Cygnett 10000mAh Wireless Power Bank + Stand. Upon receiving it found out that it is not compatible for fast wireless charging Samsung Note 20 Ultra. Contacted Telstra.....Sorry nothing they can do. Explained that it is not fit for purpose.....Thanks for letting us know, can't do anything. POOR VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE Telstra attempts to reward its customers, but pulls the "Its not our problem card"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Plus Users BEWARE

Well, it's only a 10W wireless charger (which is fast charging). While your device can support up to 15W wireless charging, Samsung's definition (from the Note 20 Ultra Product page) is "Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 currently available with wireless chargers that support 10W or more wireless charging. ". So anything 10W or over is fit for purpose according to Samsung.

The specifications section on the Telstra Plus page for the product you bought also quite clearly indicates that it is a 10W wireless charger. So you can't argue that point either.

You're out of luck on two counts. Telstra are quite right to pull the "It's not our problem card" as it isn't according to all the product information. If you wanted a 15W wireless charger, you needed to buy one.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Well, it's only a 10W wireless charger (which is fast charging). While your device can support up to 15W wireless charging, Samsung's definition (from the Note 20 Ultra Product page) is "Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 currently available with wireless chargers that support 10W or more wireless charging. ". So anything 10W or over is fit for purpose according to Samsung.

The specifications section on the Telstra Plus page for the product you bought also quite clearly indicates that it is a 10W wireless charger. So you can't argue that point either.

You're out of luck on two counts. Telstra are quite right to pull the "It's not our problem card" as it isn't according to all the product information. If you wanted a 15W wireless charger, you needed to buy one.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Paul_V
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Jupiter.

Appreciate your reply.

Yes the unit is 10w, a fast charger, and the phone supports 10w and above. Therefore all should be good, 

And the clincher being upon questioning of the units suitability, I was informed that it would wireless fast charge the Note.

As for the not our problem card they are playing, that's not quite correct.

They are offering an item (which is no fault of theirs agreed) that will not wireless fast charge.

I do not know their reasoning I would gather it would be that it's a Samsung issue that phone won't accept it. However, I have tried another brand 10w wireless charger, and it works.

I do have to laugh though.

During the communication of them telling me nothing can ge done, I was thanked for bringing the issue to their attention, and they would now address this.

Jupiter

In that case, you should contact Cygnett (https://support.cygnett.com/hc/en-us) to let them know about the problem as they have it listed as a compatible device.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit