Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Unable to purchase TELSTRA PLUS movie tickets

Is anyone having trouble purchasing movie tickets via Telstra Plus?

When I press BUY NOW I am directed to this page which asks me to JOIN Telstra Plus https://plus.telstra.com.au/join

There is no other option but to click Agree to Terms and Conditions and press the JOIN button.

As I am already a member and already signed into my Telstra Plus account, the system then gives me an error message https://plus.telstra.com.au/error

saying "You are already a Telstra Plus member. Reference number CRCE001".

I have brought this error to the attention of the 24/7 Live Chat who didn't know what to do except credit my account for a full price ticket.  The error still hasn't been resolved.

Are we supposed to call 132200 or 24/7 chat everytime we want to buy a movie ticket and get a credit on our account because the Telstra Plus site isn't working?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Unable to purchase TELSTRA PLUS movie tickets

Hi @Tric

Apologies to hear of the frustration.

Can I ask what browser you were using at the time when the error has come up in the website?

Please let me know so I can best assist further.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Stef

I noticed the error on Tuesday 24 September when I was attempting to purchase tickets, approx 12.00pm.

I have the chat transcript.

I have used 3 different browsers - Chrome, Firefox and Safari which made no difference, I am still unable to purchase discounted tickets; days after notifying of the error.

I sign into my Telstra Plus account (tier level and points are visible on top right).

I click on "Get Movie Tickets" and am directed the to this page https://www.telstra.com.au/plus/tickets/movies

I then choose movie session and click on "Buy Now" and then am directed to this page asking me to JOIN Telstra Plus https://plus.telstra.com.au/join

From here there is no other option than to Agree to T&C and then click the Join Telstra Plus button.

Then an error screen appears https://plus.telstra.com.au/join

advising that I am already a Member. The error reference number is CRCE001.

When will this error be fixed?

When will I be able to utilise the benefits of my Telstra Plus account?

The previous Telstra Thanks was so much better - easy to navigate so much less time consuming.

Highlighted

Hi Stef

Any progress on this issue?

I am still unable to purchase discounted tickets via Telstra Plus.

I have cleared cache and history.

I have tried 3 different browsers.

I have tried purchasing on different computers.

I am still receiving the error CRCE001.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

It's working on a mobile phone if you go in via the 24/7 app (Victoria/Village is at least).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Just tried on Chrome on my Laptop and it is working for both Village & Event Cinema chains.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter

I have tried different browsers and different computers and still unable to purchase tickets.

I'm in NSW purchasing Event Cinema tickets.

This is the page I am taken to after I select State, Cinema, Movie, Session Time then BUY NOW button https://plus.telstra.com.au/join

Highlighted

If you go to https://plus.telstra.com.au does it show you how many points you have in the top right corner of the screen? If not, then it means that you aren't logged in properly (the system isn't overly smart and can still take you to the join screen even if you are logged in).

Then use the link on the Plus page to go through to the selection screen.

Highlighted

Hi Jupiter

Yes, I am logged in correctly. I can see my Telstra Plus tier and points.

Also I have checked my 24/7 app and it shows that I am NOT a member of Telstra Plus (I joined in May 2019) and asking me to join.  If I press JOIN NOW, I get an error that I am already a member (which I am).

Highlighted

In the 24/7 app, are you logged in using your Telstra ID or just with your phone number (it will say "this device" in the app)? You need to be logged in with your Telstra ID for it to work correctly. If you are logged in correctly then it sounds like there is an issue with your account and it would require escalating to the back of house teams to get it corrected.

You might need to lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints to get this done.

Highlighted

Hi Jupiter

thanks for your attention to my problem.

I am signed into 24/7 app using my Telstra ID.

I have already lodged a formal complaint via the online form, contacted Telstra via FB as well as  chatted multiple times on 24/7 chat.  One 24/7 person even told me to call the cinema directly!

Nobody at Telstra seems to know what to do, although one 24/7 person told me it was a known issue and then my our chat was disconnected.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Tric, 

Sorry to hear of the issues with Telstra Plus is not yet resolved. Do you have the formal complaint reference number? This will start with an SR 1-1. We can ask your case manager to give you a call and get this looked into further for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi Iain

Thanks for the reply.

I lodged an online complaint form late last night.

I haven't had a response yet, so no SR number to advise.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

No worries. The complaint will take 2 to 5 business days for the case manager to contact you about this sorry. Please let us know how this goes once they contact you. 

Highlighted

Hi again Iain and thanks.

In the meantime, how am I to purchase discounted movie tickets?

Nobody has been able to answer this question.

Do I call 132200 or 24/7 chat each time I want to go to the movies (it is school holidays and long weekend coming up) to get a credit applied to my account for the multiple full priced tickets?

The problem is the queue wait time and then having to explain the issue and then have someone try to give me a resolution (which never succeeds).

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I'm sorry you're having those troubles there. Where in this step by step process are you encountering the error? Is it before or after the redirect to the cinema page to complete the purchase?

Go to Offers tab

• Scroll down to Telstra  Plus
  • Tap Explore Telstra Plus

Scroll down to Discounted movie tickets

• Tap Get movie tickets
  • Scroll down to Get tickets
  • Tap a ticket type
  • Choose State
  • Choose cinema
  • Choose movie
  • Choose session
  • Tap Next

Cinema website

• Select number of Telstra Tickets and proceed to purchase tickets as normal

Let us know how you go. 

Highlighted

Hi Cas-Ra

Are these steps for the 24/7 app?

If so this is what happens.

1. I am logged into the app using my Telstra ID

2. I go to the Offers tab (from Star on the bottom of the screen)

3. The Offers page comes up and in the Telstra Plus section there is the option to Join (even though I have joined in May 2019).

4. There is no Explore Telstra Plus section as you mention

5. I click on the Tickets section, it brings me to Join Telstra Plus screen.

6. The next screen is SOMETHING WENT WRONG, we weren't able to complete your Telstra Plus registration, please try again.

6. I click on Join Telstra Plus (even though I have already joined in May 2019)

If I click on the Join option at the top of the Telstra Plus section, I am still taken to the SOMETHING WENT WRONG page.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for clarifying this, from your description this sounds like the issue may originate in the 24x7 App portal you're trying to access. Are you able to uninstall and reinstall to ensure you have the latest version, and submit the 24x7 App fault form here: https://tel.st/x8t7j so we can investigate further? 

Highlighted

Hi Cas-Ra

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app this morning 3 October.

I am having the same issue on desktop and laptop, even using different computers and browsers.

Highlighted

Hi Cas-Ra

I have submitted the form for the 24/7 app fault.

Can you advise how am I to purchase discounted tickets while the fault is being investigated?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

That's odd, it may be your registration that's the issue then, we provide a Telstra Plus and MyAccount support channel via LiveChat:  https://tel.st/kv2bx 24x7 to run through troubleshooting for your Telstra ID and Telstra Plus registrations. I apologise there are no alternative purchase options I can offer for you in the meantime.

Highlighted

Hi Cas-Ra

Thanks again for trying to assist.  It is very frustrating to get no resolution from anyone in Telstra Support.

I have been on 24/7 chat with 4 different people, all were not helpful.

One person gave me a credit on my account for the full price of 1 x movie ticket.

One person told me to clear my cache and then our chat was disconnected mid-way as a result.

One person told me to call the cinema directly to purchase my tickets and gave me the cinema telephone number. I have a copy of the chat transcript as it was unbelievable.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi,

I've got the exact same problem as Tric, I'm receiving the same error message:

Sorry something went wrong

You are already a Telstra Plus member.

Reference number: CRCE001

and I have been able to purchase the tickets in July19. only this time, it has the issue.

Please check and advise. thanks

Highlighted

Hi lia

I'm sorry this is happening to you too.

But I'm glad that I am not the only person experiencing this, as Telstra 24/7 keep suggesting that it's MY browser, or MY device, or MY version of the app, or MY computer - not that there is anything wrong with the Telstra Plus site.

As I type this I am speaking with someone from 132200 who has been told to tell me from the Telstra Plus team that any Telstra Plus points accrued this year (2019) CANNOT BE REDEEMED until 2020 and that's the reason why I am unable to purchase movie tickets, even though I have over 20000 points. 

I asked them to show me where this is stated on the Telstra Plus T&C and/or the Telstra Plus FAQs and/or Things You Need to Know Section and they could not find anything to support this claim.

Since 25 September and after numerous chats to 24/7 chat; PM to Telstra FB page, my question on Crowd Support and calls to 132200 I have:

• lodged an online complaint
  • lodged a 24/7 app fault
  • visited my local Telstra store

I have had no resolution to the issue and nobody at Telstra seems to have any knowledge of the system error, let alone can answer how I am to purchase Telstra Plus discounted tickets until the fault is fixed. I live in NSW where it is currently school holidays and NOW is the time I need to access the discounted tickets rather than pay $96.00 each time we visit the cinema as a family.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Tric

Sorry to hear about the ongoing problems accessing the desired tickets.

If a complaint has now been lodged this will be assigned to a case manger for further contact and support to be provided.

Hopefully they can get this resolved for you soon.

Keep us posted with any news and the situation progresses.

- Stef

Highlighted

Hi Stef

Thanks for the follow up.

Today (7 Oct) a Telstra Case Manager from MyAccounts contacted me to advise that she had resolved this issue from her end.

Apparently it was a Registration Error.

The fix was quick but getting to the resolution was frustrating and time consuming.

Highlighted

Hi lia

Today I was contacted by a Telstra Case Manager from MyAccounts team.

She (no name given) was able to fix the error which is a registration error within the Telstra system. She also advised that my Telstra 24/7 app on my phone was also rectified so that I can purchase tickets from there. I haven't tried this out yet.

But I can confirm I am now able to access the discounted tickets on my Telstra Plus account using my PC.

If you are still having problems I suggest lodging an online complaint form asap.

It was so frustrating and time consuming (12 days) trying to get help from all avenues including 24/7 chat, Telstra FB, 132200, Crowd Support and an actual real life person in a Telstra shop.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Good luck!

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update Tric. 

Great to hear it has been resolved, apologies that this took longer than expected. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit