chunguanchong
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to purchase Village Movie Tickets via Telstra Thanks

Hi,

I have noticed this issue of receiving error about the system is unable to verify my credit card when I try to purchase a Village Cinema movie ticket via Telstra Thanks link.

I have tried 3 different credit cards. Delete my browser cache, different browser and computers and still I’m getting the same error message.

I have notice the Village Cinema ticket purchasing page has been updated and I tried using the same credit card via Village website and there is no issue whatsoever. Also, the PayPal option of purchasing the ticket is no longer available via Telstra Thanks.

Could you advise me if there is any solution to this matter?

Chun

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Unable to purchase Village Movie Tickets via Telstra Thanks

The actual purchasing is done through Village Cinema's system. You will need to give them a call.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
chunguanchong

Hi I don’t think calling Villagw everytime I need to purchase a ticket is a reasonable solution for this issue. This issue seems to be systemic and been for quite some months. Is Telstra doing anything to address this issue or get in contact with Village Cinema to update the ticket purchasing page?
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

All that we provide is the discount offer and the validating link through to the vendor site where all purchases are made - as Jupiter has advised above, any problems with the functionality would need to be handled by the cinema in question. If you'd like you can provide feedback about this process to our Complaints teams via the secure link at https://tel.st/b96d5.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

aguy123

I am still not able to buy any Telstra Thanks ticket. I tried many times.

Understand that this may be the problem in Village but if this continue, it means that there is no way to have this Telstra Rewards, shouldn't Telstra talk to their partner and make sure they are providing good customer experience to Telstra otherwise people may think Telstra is no longer providing this offer ...

I already mailed Village about the problem but I still think that this is Telstra's responsibility to follow up with Village since many Telstra customers are NOT able to enjoy the offers, isn't it a bad customer experience for Telstra as well?
Jupiter

Which cinema? I bought tickets for VMax at Knox last Saturday with no problems.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit