Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Plan upgrade - phone collection

TO ALL CUSTOMERS REPS AND THE ACTING MANAGER:

i have urgraded my phone plan online due to severe health issues and my inability to leave my home or speak on the phone.  However there was an issue with the courier and my phone was returned to the Telstra warehouse almost immediately.    I have been through hell and back as I ordered the iPhone 8Plus 256gb in gold.  In the days it took me to get someone to acknowledge the issue and finally call the warehouse, my phone was reissued and sent to someone else.  Now the warehouse only has the repugnant red.  My son, on advice and advisement from two separate Telstra service reps, both in positions of escalation; he is a fully authorised advocate and has permission from me and noted, identified permission from Telstra, to act on my behalf whether I’m there or not. Your store refused to help him despite several notes on my account being present telling you it was accurate. He even had a signed letter from me and my ID, my government issued ID!  

Would you please make a note, and tell your staff that he can access my account and has authorisation to just come and collect the phone that we believe you have stock of please?  Please also could you hold one in stock for me and my son will be there tomorrow (Monday 9th July to collect - you will know him when he gets there. 

Im begging now, I am too sick for all this drama and cannot take anymore.  We keep getting positive green lights either on the phone or via Telstra 24/7 chat, but the stores are not recognising it. This has been Telstra’s error and one more refusal and I’m going to the telecommunications ombudsman!

thank you in exhausted haste. 

Jody Smart

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Plan upgrade - phone collection

Hi Jody, as this is a public forum the staff generally don’t have the ability to help with account issues due to an inability to identify you via this platform but it might be worth lodging it as a complaint instead. You can copy and paste the content of your post into the email complaint form here - https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

Thanks, I’ll try again, but I’ve been through them 3 times now. Thy keep telling me it is fixed, it is just when my son get to th Rundle Mall stor that it all falls apart. I en left a message it’s th store, seeing the listed manager is on leave.
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Hi Jody,
I don't want to offend you, but what is wrong (or repugnant in your words) with the red iPhone? I personally find the gold one too girlish...
And, as others said - this is a community forum. We do not have access to accounts, not we can do any changes etc...
Unfortunately for you, but being who I am and working in the field of computer crime, I am happy that there are blocks to avoid fraud etc, and believe me, Telstra is one of the better "cyber citizens"... So please be patient and do realise that things are legally not always as simple as lay person thinks...
Cheers
FG
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Highlighted

FG, I wanted ‘girlish’, I don’t like red, nor the black screen surround amongst other things.
As to your insult and assumption. I am very much aware that there are a lot of legalities, but I can assure you that in one area Telstra is actually failing by refusing the acceptance of officially given identification. I agree they are generally one of the better companies for cyber and personal identity safety. I also have been cleared through those processes several times by phone and chat. Plus, I’m far from a ‘lay person’ when it comes to the law and the cyber world. I’m just in a position where I’m trying everywhere I can to see if I can find someone who might have some useful advise. Because right now I’m looking at escalating to the telecommunications ombudsman as with Telstra it seems that the left hand refuses to accept what the right hand is doing!

I didn’t come here for trolls, I was hoping it would actually message a particular store, otherwise I’d never have bothered.
Highlighted

There is no reason that if he is on the account as a full authority, and has appropriate photo ID that the store can’t just raise the order for him if they have that device in stock. The only way I can see there being issues, is if the authority isn’t listed correctly on the account and or if they haven’t cancelled the online order as the store can’t place a instore order until that one is removed. There is no other logical reason that I know about that would be problematic for the store, and if the complaints have confirmed they added him an an authority for you I don’t really know because then the store should have been able to tell him they couldn’t do it because the order in place rather then because of his authority.

Maybe lodge a complaint, get a reference and case manager and get their pin and line and then get the store to call them, or get the case manager to call the store and book you a time with a specific person who knows the go.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

DrQ
Thank you, that is what I thought. It hasn’t turned out that way. With my sons help we actually have a case manager from complaints and they were still rejecting it. But I am too unwelll to keep battling with techno war and my case manager, whom has been wonderful at least, has arranged to help me out and I’m going with a better phone that shall, by all accounts be in my hands tomorrow. I will be very glad to have this over and not have had to go through any more drama. I certainly have seen the best and worst of Telstra’s employees. If I get a survey, I’ll be sure to mention the great ones, they deserve o be recognised.
Highlighted

I have never really found Rundle as good as Marion, the staff in Marion are exceptional, but I am glad the case manager found a solution for you.
Helpful Links

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit