Yannick
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I have a Telstra Cable services, can I use the T-Voice app?

Currently, the app is only compatible with services that use a T-Gateway or Telstra Gateway Max modem (i.e. Telstra NBN and ADSL services).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Spalding
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: I have a Telstra Cable services, can I use the T-Voice app?

Hi, the modem for Telstra Cable is the Gateway Max...

DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: I have a Telstra Cable services, can I use the T-Voice app?

Hey Spalding,

I am sorry for the confusion and whilst the modems may have the same naming scheme, they are different makes and models that are used for the Cable connection compared to the ADSL and NBN services. At present these Netgear Cable modems are not able to have the T-Voice app used for calls to be made. I think it has to do with these not having a port for a phone line to be connected to the modem, as the connection is provided by the HFC Coaxial Cable. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit