greguti
Level 1: Cadet

Is the Telstra Smart Wi-Fi Booster™ compatible with Telstra T-Voice® 502 DECT Handset?

Hi there,

I have a Telstra T-Voice® 502 DECT handset which is paired with the Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 (Model DJA0231).  I am considering whether to add a Telstra Smart Wi-Fi Booster™ to increase my wi-fi range.

Is the Telstra T-Voice® 502 DECT handset compatible with the Telstra Smart Wi-Fi Booster™?

For example, if the Telstra Smart Wi-Fi Booster™ is paired okay with Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2, does the Telstra T-Voice® 502 DECT handset then pair with the Telstra Smart Wi-Fi Booster™ when the Telstra T-Voice® 502 DECT handset is only in wi-fi range of the Telstra Smart Wi-Fi Booster™ and not in wi-fi range of the Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Is the Telstra Smart Wi-Fi Booster™ compatible with Telstra T-Voice® 502 DECT Handset?

The TVoice 502 can only pair with a DECT base station (either the modem or a Telstra Voice Extender). It cannot use a wifi booster for connectivity.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Is the Telstra Smart Wi-Fi Booster™ compatible with Telstra T-Voice® 502 DECT Handset?

The T502 don't use Wi-Fi but have plenty of range to connect to the Smart modem 2.

The Smart WiFi Booster, isn't really a booster, just a Wi-Fi access point (AP). Having one of those on your network will not affect the T502 in any way from my own experience with all those devices.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
cf4

The booster will have no effect on the 502. The DECT radio in the modem is separate to the WiFi radios and operates on a different frequency band.

The booster pairs to the WiFi radio the 502 will pair with the DECT radio.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit