buglaugs
Level 3: Gumshoe

T-voice 503 Autohangup

Realised today the reason for a incoming busy tone was that I had not hung up the phone after taking a call after the other party hung up. The timer on the display was at 43m and counting, after a 5m call. The phone has the auto hangup set in the menu.. how can I fix this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

Re: T-voice 503 Autohangup

Hi - the phone comes with Auto Hang-up with Default ON. The phone should auto disconnect when it is returned to the Charger but also leaves the ability for the user to manually hang-up a call by pressing the Red button and then make another call.  

The Auto Hang-up menu gives the user the option to turn OFF Auto Hang-up, making the manual hang-up the only way to disconnect the call and if they change their mind later on, return it back to ON.

Is the phone not disconnecting the call when it is returned to the charger? 

buglaugs

Hi thanks for the help.

Yes return to charger hangs up, but the phone does not hangup when the other party closes the call.

I have an elderly couple that sometimes forget to manually dock or close the call.

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Yes, I know that situation...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
buglaugs

Ha yeah. Tell me about it.

Is this normal behaviour or should it auto hangup after a while?

SteveW_52

Yes, I have a older couple that are always calling me because the remote is not changing the TV...  yep, you guessed it..

No auto hangup unless it is set to do so..  I think we still have a sort of 'last party hold' hangup here, mostly for 000 use to track calling numbers.. that's how it used to be for 'landlines' anyway..  with mobiles they ask you to not hang up..  

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Mkrtich

Hi - I think there are a few variables that determine this outcome. Voice Communications (VoIP) over the Internet use a complex Session Initiation Protocol that defines Call Set Up, Supervision and Call Release and works directly between the end points in the conversation.

In our home environments, unless the endpoint is a native VoIP Phone, the Clear Down Signal (BYE) can sometimes not be interpreted or is ignored i.e. if the endpoint device is an analog phone as it has no intelligence. I no longer have a PSTN line for testing incoming calls to my Arcadyan LH:1000 however, I found the following when my Mobile phone hangs up the call first.

1. Mobile phone ---> Modem ---> Phone Port ---> Panasonic DECT Base Station - NO Clear Down, preventing new incoming calls who are presented with Busy Tone or Message Bank greeting. 

2. Mobile phone ---> Modem ---> T-Voice 503 - Auto Clears Down - takes 2 -3 seconds.

This indicates to me that the Telstra modem can successfully re-transmit the SIP network Clear Down signal to another connected digital device, a T-Voice 503, but it has no way of communicating the same BYE signal to the analog FXS Phone Port which has no means of interpreting it. 

I would think the same problem to occur if the incoming caller was using a traditional PSTN telephone line service for their call. If the incoming caller was a business using a digital ISDN service, I would expect it to Clear Down as it usually does 'first party release' similar to the mobile phone network.  

buglaugs

Ok seems it should be working on dect. I wonder if it's a bug on the technicolor gen 2?

Mkrtich

Hi - It seems to work only work with CATiq2.0  DECT T-Voice 503 if the originating caller made their call from a mobile phone. If the originating caller made their call from a traditional land line or from an analog phone or cordless base station phone connected to the analog port connected to their own NBN Telstra/Other Carrier Modem and hung up first, I would expect the T-Voice 503 not to Clear Down as well - so maybe nothing wrong with the Technicolor Gen 2. 

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit