Ironmaid
Level 5: Eagle Eye

T Voice Crashes

Answered

Just installed T-Voice app on iPhone and iPad, both are running the latest OS, when I click on the app I see a blue screen with the T logo then the app closes, any suggestions what is wrong?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Ironmaid
Accepted Solution

Re: T Voice Crashes

I rang the NBN support line and could not find anyone who knew anything about this app. Anyway after a lot of stuffing around (deleting app, reinstal, iphone/ipad reset) I found on both iphone and ipad under Settings-T-Voice, if I turned off "Contacts", I could then run the app and it went through the setup process and is now working on both devices.

View solution in original post

Ironmaid
Accepted Solution

It was a long tedious path resolving the problem, what I found was the contacts on my iphone/ipad were synced with MS Outlook, the list had been collected over 20 years and contained 350 contacts, some were very old and had comments and other non-phone data in the telephone fields.

I worked through the contacts and once the offending records were deleted I was able to share the contact with T Voice.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Ironmaid
Accepted Solution

I rang the NBN support line and could not find anyone who knew anything about this app. Anyway after a lot of stuffing around (deleting app, reinstal, iphone/ipad reset) I found on both iphone and ipad under Settings-T-Voice, if I turned off "Contacts", I could then run the app and it went through the setup process and is now working on both devices.

Ironmaid

I found if I turned on "Contacts" in the Settings on either the iPhone or iPad the app would not start and crashed again. This is an obvious bug, my biggest obstacle is how to I make Telstra aware?
JessicaCL
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Ironmaid,

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you have encountered with the T-Voice app. I have passed this feedback to our app team.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ironmaid

I justed installed the app update on both iPhone and iPad, also updated both to iOS 10. The app still will not access my contacts on either device, if I turn on contact access under privacy on device the app will not run, looks like there is still bugs.

MargieDee
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Sorry to hear about this continued issue, Ironmaid.

Would you mind reporting this via the following link: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/,  as you will be in a position to explain exactly what is happening and when, and we can hopefully get this issue resolved ASAP for you. 

Thank you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ironmaid

Tried to login with my Apple ID without sucess, looks like you need a developer ID.

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Does your iPhone and iPad both run iOS 10.0.2? 

From within Settings, if you go to the T-Voice app, can you confirm what options are enabled?

My  iPhone 6s has 10.0.2 and the latest T-Voice app update and it is able to view my contacts.

I would suggest that you uninstall the T-Voice app then shut down the iPhone and after it has restarted, re-install the app and check if it can access the contacts.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ironmaid
Accepted Solution

It was a long tedious path resolving the problem, what I found was the contacts on my iphone/ipad were synced with MS Outlook, the list had been collected over 20 years and contained 350 contacts, some were very old and had comments and other non-phone data in the telephone fields.

I worked through the contacts and once the offending records were deleted I was able to share the contact with T Voice.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit