Tridymite
Level 1: Cadet

T Voice issues

Answered

Hi All,

I have just downloaded the T-Voice app on my 6S iphone, working through a Telstra Gateway using fixed wireless broadband.

I can send calls, and the call log shows all calls made and received. However, incoming calls do not show up on the iphone, and the phone does not ring to indicate an incoiming call.

Also, if I go into the app settings, there is no "Device Options" as there apparently should be.

Cheers

Tridymite

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: T Voice issues

Hi Tridymite, 

The first thing I would suggest is to check the notification settings on your T-Voice app.  Make sure notifications is turned on.

[Above: notifications are turned off, tap notifications and in the next screen move slider to the right to turn on]

If notifications is turned on, then please check that you have the Sounds slider turned on. Also you'll need to check the Alert Styles at the bottom of the page. Make sure that you have the Banner or Alerts style selected so that you are notified of an incoming call. 

Please be aware that in order to use the app, you’ll need to make sure you’re within the Wi-Fi range of the Telstra Gateway the app is registered to. If you disconnect from Wi-Fi you won’t be able to use the T-Voice app- this includes leaving the Wi-Fi range your app is registered to.

Hope this helps.

Ben

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Tridymite, 

The first thing I would suggest is to check the notification settings on your T-Voice app.  Make sure notifications is turned on.

[Above: notifications are turned off, tap notifications and in the next screen move slider to the right to turn on]

If notifications is turned on, then please check that you have the Sounds slider turned on. Also you'll need to check the Alert Styles at the bottom of the page. Make sure that you have the Banner or Alerts style selected so that you are notified of an incoming call. 

Please be aware that in order to use the app, you’ll need to make sure you’re within the Wi-Fi range of the Telstra Gateway the app is registered to. If you disconnect from Wi-Fi you won’t be able to use the T-Voice app- this includes leaving the Wi-Fi range your app is registered to.

Hope this helps.

Ben

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Tridymite

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the advice. Mea Culpa - i did not turn on Notifications when i did the initial setup.

Regards

KennyO

Ben

Checked the settings but only rings when the Ap is open and the phone is on

Most of the time phones are 'asleep' until they ring when it wakes to answer

When the landline rings the iPhone stays asleep and even when I open the phone the Ap does not register the incoming call.

Hope this makes sense.

It seems a lot of others are having the same issues from the Ap reviews.

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@KennyO

I have raised this problem with our Development Team.

After some investigation, we have found that the problem (in your instance) relates to expired certificates that are held by your modem.

We intend to have this resolved with a firmware update that is due to be released soon (specific date of release is not available at the moment)

I apologise for the trouble you are having.

We are certainly aware of the problem and are working to resolve.

zipperdedoodah

Same thing is happening to me. My T-Voice app used to ring and notify me on my iPhone when my home phone rang, but not any more, despite all the right notification settings being set and turned on and  the volume up. I even re ran the T-Voice app setup on the iPhone. But when a call does come in from the home phone the T-Voice app  on my iPhone still registers that there was an incoming call in the call log inside the T-Voice app.

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@zipperdedoodah

We are aware of this problem and it's to be resolved in the next firmware update for our modems.

Unfortunately, I don't have a time frame on this update release just yet, though it will be an automatic update for our customers.

Kev1968

I also have the same issue as above. I would think the upgrade has been done by now. So what firmware update did this get fixed in and how do I force an update
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Kev1968

These updates are provided automatically, and can't be forced.

Your modem will automatically update to this once it's released.

Johnmelb
Level 3: Gumshoe

How soon? Normal soon or telstra soon? Anything up to 2 years!

Johnmelb
Level 3: Gumshoe

Same here I cannot get a incoming call on my iPad or iPhone I don't have a home phone anymore I can't answer a call until I see on my call register

Ray132

Has the no calling problem been fixed yet as my iphones & ipad still don't receive calls

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Ray132

No updates on this yet, I'm sorry.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit