Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra Box Office March 2020

On 26 March 2020 I was unable to log in to Telstra Box Iffice. I changed my password in a desperate attempt but still could not get in. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Box Office March 2020

The server could just have been overloaded at the time. It will be experiencing greater demand with a lot more people being stuck at home.

If you still can't get in, you will need to try and contact Telstra TV Box Office support on 1800 502 502.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thank you Jupiter. I emailed them and they replied saying there was a problem but said it should be fixed now. Unfortunately I still can’t log in. Another call to Telstra 😱(although I think their call centres are pretty empty at the moment) 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I am having the same issue is yours fixed ?

Highlighted

No, not yet.  I emailed them last night and they responded this morning and I am waiting on their reply again. Their email is: help@bigpondmovies.com

Highlighted

I can log in on my computer and it works ok. But when I try to log in on tv it is telling me that I'm using incorrect log in or password. That doesn't make sense when same log in/password works fine on other devices. Can't call service as mostly shut down.

Highlighted

When you say log in on your computer, do you mean to your Telstra account? If so, I can also do that. It’s just Telstra TV Box Office where  there’s a problem. You’re best to email them at the address I wrote above. Good luck. 

Highlighted

Im having the same issue with Telstra Box Office through TV. Few days now, tells me my username or password is incorrect, even after resetting the password numerous times.

Highlighted

I have just discovered that it makes a difference on HOW I can access Telstra Box Office. I usually just use the Box Office App on the Home Screen of the TV and it kept saying Username or Password was incorrect. Today I went in using the  Telstra TV remote, found the Box Office App and was successfully able to access it. Hope this helps anyone experiencing the same issue.

Highlighted

I am also receiving the error message saying my username/password is incorrect. I tried emailing the address you supplied above, but received a reply email saying the address does not exist. Online chat is unavailable and the phone number is not going through due to Covid-19. Does anyone have any further information on what to do? I have a movie I rented but now can not log in to watch!

Highlighted

I am having the same problem, I cant log in at all, and also the telephone support just cuts me off all the time and tells me it sent a link, so I cant get in touch with anyone, looks like will have to contact A Current Affair, and get them on board to make a good story about this.  

Highlighted

I checked the email address and it is:

help@bigpondmovies.com

I received one reply from them but have since figured out a work around. Are you trying to log in from the tv app on the home screen of your tv? That’s what I was doing and got the error message. Do you have the Telstra tv remote and little Telstra box?  If so, choose that as your Input and the Teltra tv logo should be on your tv. I then scrolled through the apps (with the Telstra remote) and Bigpond movies was there and I was already signed in. Hope that helps. 

Highlighted

There is no phone support as it appears their call centres are not operating due to covid-19. I responded to AmarmdaK. Try what I wrote. Good luck. 

Highlighted

Thanks j0hnwilliam. Unfortunately I do not have a Telstra box. Have always just used the app on my smart tv. I will try the email again but that is the email I used and received a response saying the email address is invalid. I gave up yesterday but will try again later today and see what happens. Thanks again

Highlighted

Yes i am have the same issue.

Highlighted

Same being experienced here. Thought it was because we updated the app on smart TV recently. Can log on with username and password online but on the smart tv app it is not logging on saying incorrect username or password. Isolation help please!

Highlighted

Hi, I was able to get access to it via my Telstra box, but the app is not working, it always comes up with the error incorrect password.  So for all of you using a smart tv and the app, it might be a while before you can get access again.    I was just using the app on my tv, but now resorting to the actual telstra box to access.  Good luck to everyone, it is going to be a rough road in the coming weeks as the virus spreads more, stay at home! :-)

Highlighted

I hope you can find a solution. I always used the app on my tv too until it suddenly stopped working. (LG tv). Perhaps try calling them during the week although there’s probably not going to be many available operators. 

Highlighted

I originally joined the crowd support due to an ongoing issue with the outlook app which has been resolved. Do you have a Telstra TV box? Or are you trying to use the app on your TV? I found the only way it would work was to go through the Telstra TV app using the Telstra TV remote and finding the Bigpond Movies app that way.

Highlighted

The only work around I found is having the Telstra TV box and remote. If you have those you may be able to log in dejecting Telstra tv as the Input on your telly. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit