Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Box Office not supported on my new LG Smart tv anymore

Went to watch a movie last night on box office on our LG smart tv like usual, this time however I could surf all of the titles but not preview or watch any as the tv reports a playback error and try again later. I spoke with the telstra support on the phone only to be advised that Telstra has stopped supporting playback on LG and Samsung tvs?

This is most frustrating as the LG app allowed me to update the telstra box office app, log in and even purchase a title but not allow me to play it through the app or even through a web browser within the smart tv.. This is not right to pull the plug like this on your customers..

The advice I was given by the support on the phone was to try a different device that is supported. Nice to here that after only buying this TV less than a year ago..

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Telstra Box Office not supported on my new LG Smart tv anymore

I am so incredibly frustrated. I purchased my tv only a few days ago and the app is on the tv, it allows me to purchase the movies, I just can’t watch them. NOT GOOD ENOUGH TELSTRA! Expect a complaint from the ombudsman!  

Highlighted

Having the same issue with an LG TV less than 6 months old, app worked fine but now will only let me buy but not play back or even watch the trailer. Have to watch items I’ve bought on another device. Not ideal, Telstra website has no details I can find about this change, in fact it explicitly states LG TV post 2016 are all supported.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I am having the same problem. We bought a top of the range OLED LG Smart TV last year and never had an issue with BoxOffice before. Now it will take our money to rent or buy movies, but not let us watch them. What a joke!

Highlighted

So I phoned the support line twice today. The first time they refunded my money and told me to uninstall the BoxOffice app from the TV and then reinstall. So I did that... about three times, and still not loading. Called them back again and sat on hold for about 15 minutes. This time, they said they would call me back within 3 to 5 days as they need to work on the problem. 

Hope this gets sorted!

Highlighted

I am having the exact same issue with the app on my LG smart TV. This started approx 2 weeks ago I was able to purchase a movie and rent a movie just not able to watch on my TV. I have reset the internet and the Tbox several times hoping this would fix it. Now reading these posts I’m thinking it will need more than reboot. If this is the case and Telstra won’t allow playback on smart TVS (LG and Samsung) I will cancel my contract with them and look elsewhere. What’s the point in having a movie app at times like this if I can’t bloody use it. #Telstragetyour**bleep**together!

Highlighted

So Telstra Box Office started working again about a week after my last post. Now it's stopped AGAIN! 

Please sort this out Telstra!

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @sjlpi

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're still experiencing with Telstra Box Office.

I would recommend getting in contact with the Telstra TV Box Office support team via 1800 502 502 or emailing boxofficesupport@telstratv.com

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi, 

I have found that using a personal hotspot from my mobile phone stops the playback error from occurring on my LG Smart TV. I am unsure why this happens as Telstra Box Office is currently working on my Samsung Smart TV on WIFI. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit