FGCASH
Level 1: Cadet

9Now login every time

G'day all,

Trying to resolve an issue with 9Now for my father. I set up his Roku for him, and it was all working fine for a few months. He is hooked on 9Now, but as of last week has been unable to access it. Everytime we try to go to a program on 9Now we are asked to login. I've logged in and it works that one time, but when you try to watch another program on 9Now it asks you to log in again.

Its obviously not supposed to force you to log in every time you want to watch a show, and its a bit beyond dad's capabilities to do so.

Can anyone advise on how to resolve this please?

Cheers,

Phil

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Georgie
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: 9Now login every time

Hey Phil,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I apologise for the issues you and your father are experiencing with his Roku. Do you mean the Telstra TV? If so, have you checked for any recent software updates that need to be completed as this could be affecting the 9Now app?

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Chellie

This is happening to me as well.  Why?

Danly
Level 11: Detective

Yes this is happening frequently for an elderly person i know as well (As stated in my thread posted yesterday).

I rarely use catchup tv on my Telstra TV, but i have tested it a few times and it has wanted me to log back in/ Activation code a few times.

The 9Now app for the Telstra TV is developed by Telstra. They need to fix what is causing this.

As for Telstra TV updates, it is meant to update automatically, so there is no point for users even going down that path.

Missy4

Continues to happen to me too! 

GeorgeK63
Level 3: Gumshoe

Did this ever get resolved?  I do not watch 9now very often but tried it last night and today and it seems i have to enter in an activation code every time ... which is clunky and ridiculous.

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi GeorgeK63

For issues with the 9Now App, you are best to speak directly with the 9Now Team 

https://9now.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Danly
Level 11: Detective

The 9Now app for Telstra TV is developed by Telstra.

So i believe that it is best dealing directly with Telstra on this one considering these issues only occur on the Telstra TV device.

Missy4

I have been emailing 9now about this. so far they are saying check for updates. This is done automatically daily but did a manual check as well. Sent them software version for Telstra tv and waiting for a reply again.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more