Level 1: Cadet

Accessing media on the TTV2 (via Smart Modem) - USB drive has vanished!

Hi all - this is doing my head in... currently re-contracted and have a nice new Smart Modem (Gen2). I've plugged in a standard 1TB USB drive to the rear of the router, and for a few weeks there I was able to view my media (video etc) via the TTV2 (Roku Media Player). 

Now for whatever reason, it doesn't show up at all! It's discoverable on my home network and can access files, just not on any Telstra TV (I have a few of them in the house). Running a MBP with OS X Mojave and I've tried inserting a standard thumb drive (formatted to FAT32) but no luck. Current drive is formatted to HFS+ which I assume isn't a problem as the RMP was able to for whatever reason, read the drive over the network. I've performed factory resets on both the TTV2 and Smart Modem. Deleted and re-installed RMP. 

On the Smart Modem under content sharing I have both DLNA and Samba sharing enabled.

Any advice is appreciated!

Cheers

Shem

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Accessing media on the TTV2 (via Smart Modem) - USB drive has vanished!

Hi @sjbisluk

Your Telstra TV does let you watch movies and TV shows, play music and view photos stored on external devices. 

Please refer to following instructions:

1. Plug your external device into the USB port on the back of your Telstra TV box
  2. Go to the ‘apps’ menu on Your Telstra TV 
  3. Add the ROKU Media Player app 
  4. n the ROKU app, select Video, Music, or Photo 
  5. Select the show or music you want to play 
  6. Select OK

Telstra TV can play these file types:

• Video – MKV, MP4, MOV, WMV
  • Music – ACC, MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV
  • Photo – JPG, PNG, GIF (non-animated)

You can find information about how to reset the device here

If you have any issues, our Telstra TV Assurance team will be the best people to investigate further & you can contact them on 132200.

Please say 'Telstra TV' then 'Faults' when prompted to get through to the team.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Shannon - yes, I'm aware of this. My question is why did it work initially, and now it doesn't?

Also my external drive isn't recognised when I plug it into the TTV2 - works fine plugged into my blu-ray player, laptop etc.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @sjbisluk

I'd personally try to see if another hard rive works & also try another USB with the current drive.

If it doesn't help, please contact our Telstra TV assurance team so we can assist you further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more