CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

AFL Replay app on TV Box not functioning

The app has been uninstalled and reinstalled three times with no change. Select app and a team selection view comes up. Can navigate but unable to select any match indicated. Use the Menu item and select the Replay sub menu and a blue screen is the result. Return to 'Menu' and the only selection that responds is the AFL TV item which loads whatever is streaming at the time. Negative on the other menu items. look for to a suggestion to rectify. Cheers Magpie8

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: AFL Replay app on TV Box not functioning

@Magpie8 wrote:

The app has been uninstalled and reinstalled three times with no change. Select app and a team selection view comes up. Can navigate but unable to select any match indicated. Use the Menu item and select the Replay sub menu and a blue screen is the result. Return to 'Menu' and the only selection that responds is the AFL TV item which loads whatever is streaming at the time. Negative on the other menu items. look for to a suggestion to rectify. Cheers Magpie8

@Magpie8 I just had a look.

The menus etc seem to have been updated from the previous 2019 season. And replay's are currently not available. Even "team content," says it's presently not available.

I don't know how long the replay's lasted from the previous 2018 to 2019?

And logging into afl.com with my live pass the replays have gone as well. Only showing 2020 game fixtures.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. Assisting my better half to sort. Spent some frustrating time with OS Telstra people who were no help at all however if one purchases a Telstra "Bundle" which is supposed to provide access to videos etc of past games then they are not providing what they agreed to do. If this is a temporary 'thing' and the service will be re-activated then the professional thing to do is to advise the client base with a bulk mail. Additionally some people need to brush up on the actual meaning of the English language that they use so that we are all on the same page. I'm sure you would agree. Anyway enough soap box for now. We shall wait to see if they pick up on this thread and provide something meaningful. Cheers.... Magpie8

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello Magpie8,

Apologies for the issues accessing replays, and for the delayed response.

The question was only posted on the Telstra TV board, rather than the AFL/Sports board as well, hence why I didn't see it until @Ozmoz mentioned this post while discussing the issue on another post.

Access has not been removed, all that has changed is the location of the 2019 season

videos, as the fixture for the 2020 season has been announced.

Follow the steps outlined in the following thread: 

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/AFL-Live/AFL-Match-Replays/m-p/846309#M12406

If you are still having issues, let me know and I'll send a private message to collect

the details of the Telstra TV having access issues.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Aaron thank you for your input. Was unaware that the issue had to also be registered in the AFL/Sports board but anyway I followed the link to your latest explanation and attempted same with a negative response. To digress....selecting the app brings up what I presume to be is the 2020 season which has no content as yet, at least none using this box. Select menu and it comes up with 'home' highlighted. Scroll to the right and up to the Previous Seasons menu item, select same and 3 new items appear (AFL/W-something/2020Season) none of which allowing a further selection of older previous matches. You are taken back to the 2020 start page for Round 1. Please advise....Cheers

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello Magpie8,

I have just gone through the process again and can access the matches fine, so there is possibly an issue with your Telstra TV.

The exact path is:

Menu button*. 

Press up twice. Cursor should now be on '2020 season'.

Press left once for 2019 season. (Or twice for 2018 season etc)

Press down once for WAFL

Press right for AFL, then enter.

From there all 2019 content is available, match replays, highlights, media conferences etc.

I prefer to navigate down to Clubs, then select my club so I don't have to search through all

match replays, just the matches my team is in. 

Let me know how you go and if still no luck I will send a private message to collect the details of

the Telstra TV. If you have more than one Telstra TV, it would be a good test to try on both if possible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more