Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond movies on TelstraTV

I previously acessed Bigpond movies via a T-Box but a a couple of months ago switched to TelstraTV. I am very disappointed that often after selcting a movie to watch there is no option to rent it, only an option to buy it. I  never had this issue when I had a T-Box and I think after my contract expires I won't keep the TelstraTV service. Does anyone else find this an issue?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Bigpond movies on TelstraTV

Hi aires22,

Have you been able to check out other movie titles? 

You will find that once you select a title, on the right it will list either of the following: 

> View Trailer

> Buy from (price)

> Rent from (price)

> + Wishlist

What is listed, is specific to the title. 

Therefore if there is no rent option, it's not possible to rent sorry. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I here you aires22, as I am having the same issue with my Tbox. After the last update there is now options to buy as well. Which is ok if you want that. But I tried to rent, specifically, Miss peregrine's home for peculiar children, and it only has the buy button option. But when I slide to left on magnificent 7 and it has rent/buy option. Slide back to Miss peregrine' s and only buy option. Why?

Spoiler

Highlighted

Sorry 😐, just read support team message. This is a shame. Telstra needs to pick up their game, or I too will be opting out 🙁
Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

The windows for buying and renting movies are different and as such the purchase option is often available first.  This is the same on all platforms and set by the movie studios, not Telstra.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

BigPond Movies and other digital content providers can only sell or rent depending on the licences available from the movie distributors. Some movies will only be available to buy for the first few weeks before the option to rent comes available. 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more