Trentmelb
Level 6: Bloodhound

Binge on Telstra TV

Answered

Issues with Binge needing to be relinked on Telstra TV. The Telstra TV box keeps asking for me to validate the device using my smartphone before I can access the Binge subscription (that is paid via my Telstra account!). Very annoying, does anyone have a solution or have the same issue?

Trent Wilson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Binge on Telstra TV

I don't know if it will help, but power cycle the TTV (leave it off for a couple of minutes, then see if the same problem exists once you start it up again..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52

Have you actually verified your Telstra TV/Binge via your smartphone and it just keeps recurring? No error messages during validation?

Stevo 52
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

It can occasionally ask you to do it after a firmware, app update or reset as well, but it shouldn't do it frequently.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Trentmelb
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hi Steve, 

Your terminology is much better than mine!  Yes I am asked to verify on the smartphone and there are no error messages once I complete this. 

Cheers

Trent

Trent Wilson
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

I don't know if it will help, but power cycle the TTV (leave it off for a couple of minutes, then see if the same problem exists once you start it up again..

Stevo 52

View solution in original post

Ozmoz

Hi @Trentmelb 

When you say keeps asking, are you saying its doing it again after validation, or that is asks you every so often?

As I noticed Kayo keeps asking me to re-validate every so often, which I guess is to help prevent account sharing.

My body's absorbed so much hand sanitizer that when I pee, it cleans the toilet. 🙂

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Jupiter

After you do the verification step, it can take up to a minute for the TTV to reflect the change. It should automatically change to the menu. If you interrupt the process it won't register properly. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more