Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

connect telstra tv to google home mini

When I try to connect telstra tv to google home mini I follow the procedure precisely but end up with a page saying the accounts are linked but nothing further. What should i do next?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

Re: connect telstra tv to google home mini

Hi,

Step

Action

Screenshot

Open the Google Home App and select Addto add a new device

Screenshot

Select Set up device

Screenshot

Select Have something already set up?

Screenshot

Scroll down and select Telstra TV

Screenshot

See Instructions on how to get a Linking Code to pair your Telstra TV to your Google Home

Screenshot

Turn on Telstra TV and scroll to the bottom of the home screen.
Select Voice Linking

Screenshot

Retrieve the Voice Linking code

Screenshot

Enter the Voice Linking Code on your device and link your Telstra TV to Google Home
While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent that of Telstra.
Highlighted

Thank you for replying mjmars1985,
I follow the procedure you outline to the letter. The problem is at step 8. When I enter the linking code all that happens is that it goes to a new page saying that the accounts are linked. Then nothing else happens. There is no indication of any sort that the procedure has succeeded. Google home mini does not recognise the telstra tv at all. What do I do next?
Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

hi,

you can call us so we can find ways to connect your telstra tv.
While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent that of Telstra.
Highlighted

Thanks for your reply, I am now in the system waiting for a call back from the techs. I'll let you know how I get on.

Highlighted

Update on my problem. I was told to wait 2 to 4 business days for the techs to call me to assist with my problem. Seven business days later andI am still waiting for their call. To say the least I find this most unsatisfactory. I still have no solution to my problem. What can I do now?
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Jackisback

Have you tried these steps here: https://tel.st/ttq2g;

Let me know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thanks for your help TanashaM. This is the same procedure already tried It fails on step 8. There is no connection despite the fact that a page comes up saying that the accounts are linked. I don't know why the techs have not got back to me even though they said they would.
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Hi @Jackisback

Just to clarify, when you enter the code, does it say that it is valid?
Then, did you click on the "Authorise Google to Control my Telstra TV"?
Once you've done that, what is the screen that comes up (posting a screenshot might be beneficial if you can)?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know @Jackisback

Can you please try troubleshooting your Telstra Tv? Here are the steps on how to do this: https://tel.st/45kel;

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

thanks for your help but the link you gave does not work .
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Jackisback,

As @Jupiter asked above, where in that process does it fail? Can you post a screenshot?

Highlighted

Thanks Jupiter. The code is accepted as valid. I click on "Authorise....". The page that comes up then is a blank page with only the words" The accounts are now linked" in the top left hand corner. Nothing else happens after that.
Highlighted

Thanks for you interest. The process fails when I "authorise Google to control my telstra tv". I get a plain page with the words" the accounts are now linked" in the top left hand corner. Nothing else happens after that.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The previous link from TanashaM should end up here.

Is the Telstra TV showing in your devices list under the room it was setup in?

Have you made sure both the Google Apps and the Telstra TV have the latest updates?

- AlistairQWA

Highlighted

AlistairQWA
Thank you for your interest.Yes both Google Apps and Telstra TV have the latest updates. No the Telstra TV does not show up anywhere in the list of devices. I have set up only one room (Family Room) and only one device is listed (Family Room Speaker)
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

You could try defaulting the Telstra TV to wipe any previous configuration and set it up again which may clear any confusion for the Google App. 

- AlistairQWA

Highlighted

AlistairQWA,
Thanks but I have already done that. The result is the same.
Highlighted

To everyone who has helped me in my quest. Thank you. To update you all, I have now purchased an enhanced remote for my Telstra TV 2 and using voice control without Google Home Mini. Anyone considering buying one I can recommend it. It enables you to do away with your standard television remote as it will turn your tv on and off and also change the volume. $25 well spent.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update Jackisback. 

Great to hear you got this sorted out. 

Let us know if you need a hand with anything else.

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Highlighted

As a final remark on my problem, it is interesting to note that no one really had an answer but I can say that recently, for an unrelated reason I had cause to do a factory reset on my phone. As if by magic I can now easily add devices to my Google Home Mini by following the required procedure. Lesson to be learned here is if the standard procedure doesn't work do a factory reset!

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more