Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Delete unwanted Telstra TV channels

There have been a few posts looking for an answer to the question, “How can I delete unwanted TV and radio channels from my Live TV list?” The usual reply is that you can’t- but the techs are working on it. Perhaps. One day...

Anyway, I’ve come up with a possible work-around until the boffins come up with a real (simple) solution.

Try this:

1/ Disconnect your Telstra TV from the antenna. 
2/ Go to the Settings menu and choose Channel Scan and then Scan again for channels. The Telstra TV will try to re-tune but won’t be able to receive any signal. All your  previous channels will be wiped but nothing will replace them.

3/ Reconnect your antenna lead. 
4/ Once again go to Channel Scan- this time the Telstra TV will want to scan as if it is the initial set up. 
5/ As soon as the progress bar starts to move select Cancel. With luck you will have stopped in time for only a few channels to be found. 
6/ Select Channel scan again but this time select Manual scan for channels. A list of channel frequencies will appear. 
7/ Go to this web page on a phone, iPad, computer, etc http://vk3khb.gak.net.au/atv/chnlchrt.html

The page has the channel numbers corresponding to each broadcaster for each city- eg. Melbourne Channel 6 is Seven, Channel 8 is Nine, Channel 11 is Ten, 12 is ABC, 7 is SBS and 32 is Community TV

8/ Select the first appropriate frequency for you city and after a brief scan a list of available channels will (hopefully) appear. Check the box of only the channels you want from the list and then press the left arrow to return to the frequency list.

9/ Repeat for the remaining channels you wish to select. 
10/ Now, the best bit! Return to the main menu and select Live TV. Press the TV Guide button on your remote and... no unwanted TV channel and no unwanted Radio stations! (Well, maybe a couple that slipped through when you did the truncated re-tune back in Step 5.)

Good luck!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Delete unwanted Telstra TV channels

Thanks for the solution but this seems like a very long- winded solution for what seems to be a simple update for Telstra to offer. I just got my

first Telstra tv box and am disappointed at the lack of channel

@Caldera wrote:

There have been a few posts looking for an answer to the question, “How can I delete unwanted TV and radio channels from my Live TV list?” The usual reply is that you can’t- but the techs are working on it. Perhaps. One day...

Anyway, I’ve come up with a possible work-around until the boffins come up with a real (simple) solution.

Try this:

1/ Disconnect your Telstra TV from the antenna. 
2/ Go to the Settings menu and choose Channel Scan and then Scan again for channels. The Telstra TV will try to re-tune but won’t be able to receive any signal. All your  previous channels will be wiped but nothing will replace them.

3/ Reconnect your antenna lead. 
4/ Once again go to Channel Scan- this time the Telstra TV will want to scan as if it is the initial set up. 
5/ As soon as the progress bar starts to move select Cancel. With luck you will have stopped in time for only a few channels to be found. 
6/ Select Channel scan again but this time select Manual scan for channels. A list of channel frequencies will appear. 
7/ Go to this web page on a phone, iPad, computer, etc http://vk3khb.gak.net.au/atv/chnlchrt.html

The page has the channel numbers corresponding to each broadcaster for each city- eg. Melbourne Channel 6 is Seven, Channel 8 is Nine, Channel 11 is Ten, 12 is ABC, 7 is SBS and 32 is Community TV

8/ Select the first appropriate frequency for you city and after a brief scan a list of available channels will (hopefully) appear. Check the box of only the channels you want from the list and then press the left arrow to return to the frequency list.

9/ Repeat for the remaining channels you wish to select. 
10/ Now, the best bit! Return to the main menu and select Live TV. Press the TV Guide button on your remote and... no unwanted TV channel and no unwanted Radio stations! (Well, maybe a couple that slipped through when you did the truncated re-tune back in Step 5.)

Good luck!

deletion ability. 

Highlighted
Level 11: Detective
Level 11: Detective

Sorry if this comes off rude, im genuinely curious as I dont have and have never used a telstra tv.

Whats the negative consequences of having channels listed that you dont want to watch?

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@StrayaM8 wrote:

Sorry if this comes off rude, im genuinely curious as I dont have and have never used a telstra tv.

Whats the negative consequences of having channels listed that you dont want to watch?

@StrayaM8 I've been one of those customers wanting to remove unwanted channels (As previous posts on here will show). There is no negative issues per say, it's to me more to do with easily identifying the wanted channel, and not having to view allot of junk stations that I have absolutely no interest in.

I can honestly say because of the lack of ability to remove unwanted channels that I never use the TTV for normal channel viewing.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more