Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Disney Plus and Telstra TV

Roku does support Disney plus

https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/search/disney

Not a surprise, given Telstra's corporate culture is one of bureaucracy and incumbency....  

So Telstra, the ball is in your court

Highlighted

As I have stated before.

DISNEY have not made the Telstra version of the Roku compatible.  There must be some firmware differences between the Roku and Telstra version which makes some sort of difference.

Speak to someone at Disney+ and you'll get that the device is not on their current support list.  Speak to Telstra and they say it's up to Disney to get the device working,

We as Telstra customer need to do 2 things

1. Put pressure on Disney for them to get off their arses and get the Telstra Roku on their Compatible list and

1. Put Pressure on Telstra to put pressure on Disney as well to get this fixed. 

This will not change unless all Telstra Customer spend 15-20 min with Disney live chat to vent our disappointment at their lack of action.  The more they get the more likely they will fix this. Tell them that Telstra owns like 50% of the market share, Make it about the money that they are failing to make from the Aussie market

Complaining to Telstra to fix this will not work, Just complain that they need to push Disney.

Highlighted

Today, I’ve reached out to Disney+ via Chat.  They were a little more than shocked that there is a Roku device that doesn’t have the app available on it.  They’ve raised it as a high priority concern.

perhaps if we all complain direct to Disney+, something will get done?  

Highlighted

I went to Disney+ Help Centre and started a chat. According to the agent, Telstra TV is not a supported device. The agent stated that I can request the device be added by:

1. go to https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

2. click on Give Feedback (on the right just below the search bar)

3. click on suggest new feature

4. choose device support

5. in the next box, type"

"I would like to request device support for Telstra TV, a roku ultra device in Australia."

6. click on submit

The agent also stated that they will also escalate at their end.

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Have just done this now, hopefully will have some news soon

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have requested it via Disney Feedback as well.

Hopefully they can get on to this quickly!!

Highlighted

I have also done this and added most of Tomas1234 post onto Telstra FB page.  Maybe this will get the message across to all Telstra Customers that are in the same boat as us

Highlighted

Hi Telstra and Foxtel (both represent the lowest level of customer satisfaction in corporate Australia in addition to the banks).......your UK Cousin Sky is offering Disney Plus on Now TV....... How about you speed it up? or here is another suggestion, let rescind your Roku Exclusive rights and let Roku enter the Australian market so customers dont have to rely on Telstra's high level of customer service to be able to stream apps on roku. Normally i would just accept Telstra's below average customer service but the COVID19 isolation is pushing it! 

https://www.whathifi.com/news/disney-plus-app-arrives-on-all-now-tv-devices

Highlighted

Looks like I will be buying a Fire Stick and getting rid of my Telstra TV.

Beyond a joke now been waiting for months and Telstra have made no progress. It is time to move on. Maybe if more of us vote with our feet Telstra will get the idea. 

Highlighted

Again. NOT TELSTRA's Issue.  DISNEY!!!!!! HAVE NOT made the TTV Device compatable. 

Please do the following

1. go to https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

2. click on Give Feedback (on the right just below the search bar)

3. click on suggest new feature

4. choose device support

5. in the next box, type"

"I would like to request device support for Telstra TV, a roku ultra device in Australia."

6. click on submit

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

No, It's a Roku.

Stop being a Telstra fan boy.

Highlighted

Not being a telstra fan boy.  Just have done a lot of reading, Speaking to many telstra and Disney consultants.

And Just for your information, a company in the UK that also uses REBRANDED roku boxes were in the same boat as TTV customer until recently, WHEN DISNEY ADDED THE DEVICE to the SUPPORTED list. 

Do you see the BIG picture now. 

DISNEY NEEDS TO ADD THE REBRANDED ROKU BOX TO THE SUPPORTED LIST

Highlighted

@PetarP - Here is how rebranding works.

Roku license the rights to the box to Telstra.  They re-code major portions of the software, so that it displays a Telstra logo, goes to a Telstra App Store, etc..

There is NO physical difference between the devices, nor the CODECs required to de-code and play the Disney+ App on the TelstraTV.

Why is the app not available on the TelstraTV?  BECAUSE TELSTRA HAVEN’T PUT THE DISNEY+ APP IN THE TELSTRA APP STORE.

Highlighted

Guys, 

im out... selling my telstra tv box and moving to apple tv device. Good bye telstra.... 

apple tv box has everything on it plus more.....

time to cut the chord as they say

Highlighted

I’m out also. Purchased an nvidia shield earlier this week which so far is 1000% better than the Telstra TV......

Highlighted

Eh, I'm out, gave my Telstra TV to family.

Bought a New Samsung TV and just using the Samsung Smart TV functions, 1000% better than Telstra TV.

Highlighted

I'm out too. Already gave the TTV3 to my Mum so she can play her music on Spotify in the yard. I went a step further and am now changing to Aussie Broadband. 

It's not the responsibility of customers to negotiate and beg for business relationships with your streaming supplier. It's pathetic.

Telstra is a joke. All staff I have spoken to are just terrible, just this week we got sent 3 modems, they have no idea what they are doing anymore. Adios Telstra, it was embarrassing. 

Highlighted

Telstra TV (all versions) support a free-to-air coax antennae/DVB tuner that is not on the Roku boxes   This would justify non-standard firmware ... and frankly, the only reason I use the device, so that my mother can see all streams stations+ FTA with one remote, without fiddling with TV Source/ Chromecast, or having to teach for the TV termite for free to air.

During COVID, we've also been doing online trivia over Facebook-video streams ... I need to break out the Chromecast or Miracast to make this work.

I use personally watch so little FTA (ads and COVID/FOOTBALL media beat-up), the value of the device has sunk.

If Telstra would allow normal Roku app library, I'd buy the TTV3 in a shot (currently on TTV2, but need two more devices).  

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@Toooldforthissh wrote:

If Telstra would allow normal Roku app library, I'd buy the TTV3 in a shot (currently on TTV2, but need two more devices).  

I purchased a VodafoneTV when they first came out and that can run all android apps, as well as play all video formats via Kodi. And you can use it for FTA TV (Although I don't use the TTV or the VTV for that).

So I wouldn't bother getting a TTV either unless you want to pay high prices on video rentals via Telstra Box Office.

So the VTV is a good choice if everyone is sick of waiting on Disney TTV support.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

@Toooldforthissh Only the TTV2 and TTV3 have FTA capability. The original TTV does not have FTA capability.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

The problem is mate Telstra day this constantly it took you 3years to get amazon prime 

@MickeyCee wrote:

Hey @Trentmelb,

We’d love to welcome Disney+ on TTV, but it has not yet been made available to our platform by Disney. We do know the Disney+ app is compatible with Roku devices like the Telstra TV, so we’re working on it and hopefully we are able to update you soon.

Regards

Highlighted

So you guys actually have tasked this as a job to someone in order to negotiate with Disney or do you just sit there in twiddle ya thumbs? 

Highlighted

I have left Telstra altogether simply because they did not add Disney plus and because they simply don't want to please their customers, I have taken my mobile phones, my home phone and my internet to another provider as they deserve to get my money more than Telstra does.If they just simply listen to their customers I would have stayed.

Highlighted

I have left Telstra altogether simply because they did not add Disney plus and because they simply don't want to please their customers, I have taken my mobile phones, my home phone and my internet to another provider as they deserve to get my money more than Telstra does.If they just simply listen to their customers I would have stayed.

Highlighted

Soooooooo, are when ever going to get an answer to this? I just chucked my Mum's Telstra TV box and bought her a Apple TV unit. Personally got sick of waiting for Telstra to make a move on this.

Highlighted

I think that you have received your answer. It's been 8 months since it was launched.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I totally agree - I started this to put pressure on Telstra - turns out they are deaf!!!!

Trent Wilson
Highlighted

I think I need to cancel my multiple services ...

Highlighted

I don’t have anything Telstra anymore , I don’t think they even read these forums at all because they simply don’t care about customers needs.

Highlighted

When Disney Plus will be available in TTV?

Highlighted

As soon as Telstra allow it. The Roku app is almost a year old .... greed...

Highlighted

Me reading this in August and still can’t find any updates. I think Disney May have lied about escalating it 😅 seems neither Disney or Telstra care 

Highlighted

Pretty sure it's just Telstra ... I doubt any more Streaming services will be added because Foxtel Pay TV (Go, Now and Cable) is tanking... And the conflict of interest Kayo & Binge ...

Highlighted

Why do people even bother with Telstra, mobiles or any other of their products, with my NBN connection I gained nearly 20Mbps download speed changing from Telstra to Optus, Telstra can get stuffed as far as I am concerned.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more