Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel buffering / drops out on Telstra TV

Hi. Foxtel programs are buffering / stalling / dropping out today. Connection speed seems fine, other streaming e.g. iView seems ok, Wifi is good on other devices, just Foxtel. Suggestions?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Foxtel buffering / drops out on Telstra TV

Having the same issues.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Within the settings for the Foxtel App on the Telstra TV, can you try lowering the picture quality to SD to see if this smooths out the viewing in the interim.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi- yes it smoothed out the issues but I increased my NBN plan to 100 Mbps download. When I play live Foxtel channel or Telstra TV 2 the audio is a few seconds behind the picture. Very frustrating! I also still have artefacts and when watching on demand.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Was it a particular on demand app that was artifacting or were all apps doing this for you? Have you tried changing WiFi settings in the modem?

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Foxtel now app. I don’t use other apps on the Telstra TV2.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Could you try some other streaming apps like YouTube or ABC iview to see if those also have connection issues or it was just the Foxtel content.

- Dane

Having the same issues on two separate boxes after the most recent update. Foxtel on demand most affected and unwatchable, Netflix a bit jerky. Any idea when a fix/new update is on the way?
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Another route you can take if the problem seems to be only happening with Foxtel content is contacting them on 131999 and they should be able to investigate.

- AlistairQWA

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more