Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel now

hi all and thank you for answering this question

So I have Foxtel platinum and with that apparently I get multi screen or multi room, not sure which

i can access the Foxtel Now on my iPad or laptop but I cannot do so on my Telstra Tv I’m given an on screen message that says I need a subscription 

id like to be able to watch Foxtel Now on a bigger screen than an iPad hence the Telstra tv box idea

has anyone any suggestions as to how I overcome this

funnily enough I can stream Netflix via the TelstraTV box via my Foxtel:Netflix package - bizarre 

thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Foxtel now

You can access Foxtel Go on your iPad or Laptop. Foxtel Now is a different subscription to Foxtel.

Your Netflix subscription is technically different in that it is a subscription directly with Netflix (just being paid for by Foxtel, courtesy of your Foxtel subscription).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter

really appreciate your help thank you for this

as you say I can access via an iPad or laptop as well I can do that no problems

i was under the impression that with the full. Foxtel subscription I could stream the app to another TV with the Telstra box as it is essentially another screen

if you’ve any suggestions on how I can do this it would be handy

I’m now presuming I can hook up a laptop to the other tv and I solved my issue, don’t know if it will work or not

thank you 

Highlighted

You can't stream to the Telstra TV from the Foxtel Go app on your mobile devices. Your TV itself would need streaming capability, or you would need to use a device such as a chromecast.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter

i wish to stream Foxtel from the Telstra TV not the other way around using multi screen or multi room which ever it is, similar to streaming from iPad to chrome cast to another TV

Regards

Howard

Highlighted

If you have a Foxtel Platinum subscription, then no, you can't use Foxtel Now on your Telstra TV. On your iPad, you are viewing Foxtel Go, using your Foxtel login (which is included in your subscription). This is a different product to Foxtel Now, which requires its own subscription and is not included in Foxtel Platinum.

Highlighted

Hi Jupiter

That’s interesting I actually hit Foxtel Now on the log in, although it reverts to Foxtel Go

messaging Telstra today has proved interesting, they’ve added Multiroom to my account when I didn’t ask for it, I was asking the same questions as on here, not happy about that, so now I’ve got to get that removed unless it’s free 

BTW bought a chrome cast 3 as I don’t need 4K video, hopefully that will solve my problem, that said you can’t get a Ethernet adapter for it, any suggestions on what I could use

not sure if I trust the flea bay ones

thank you for all your help, 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more