Level 5: Eagle Eye

Foxtel Play app not showing

Answered

The new app isn't showing up on Telstra TV.

I may have had a Network issue last night.

Have tried a factory reset and it still isn't there?

to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel Play app not showing

The last Telstra TV devices have now been updated and you should have the latest FW v7.5 and Foxtel Play.  If you're device hasn't seen this yet you can manually update by going to Settings -> System -> Software update.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 1: Cadet

Nope. Still no foxtel play on my telstra tv. Though there is an ad on the home page of telstra tv to add the app. Keeps on buffering. Says "Adding app.."
Btw I got tesltra cable. So its not about speed.

I had the same.
Support said there needs to be a software update for it to be in apps. I couldn't force the update. They said it may be rolling out on a schedule.

I had a second Telstra TV puck and plugged that in and got the software update first try. Foxtel Play in apps on that one.

Yep I'm in the same boat. I've read that the rollout is progressive and it may take 24hrs. Thing is it's been 24hrs & I have not read of a single person who didn't have the update now having it. Anyone have any other info?

Same here. Only update I got last night was +7.
----------------------------------------------------------

NOT a Telstra Employee

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, just spoke to Telstra TV support. The update will be release over 3 weeks. Monday 12/12, 19/12 and 26/12. So top work Telstra, sending out an email that Foxtel play on Telstra Tv is now available and sign up for a two week trial. Chances are that will have expired before I get the update. Nice.
Level 2: Rookie

Hahahaha. What a load of **bleep**e ! I'm still waiting for it to be available also, I called Telstra Tech Support where I was on hold for 15 minutes who then told me that it was a Foxtel problem so they redirected me to them where I was on hold for 25 minutes who then proceeded to tell me it was a Telstra problem ffs !! Haha, I can laugh about it now but seriously how hard could it be?? A press release saying it's available on Telstra TV but not mentioning that it will take a week or 2 or 3 or more, yeah let's leave that part out,

why should our consumers need that information, let's get them to call support so our call centres get practice speaking English 

Accepted Solution

The last Telstra TV devices have now been updated and you should have the latest FW v7.5 and Foxtel Play.  If you're device hasn't seen this yet you can manually update by going to Settings -> System -> Software update.

View solution in original post

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more