Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How do I screen mirror from my device to Telstra Tv?

I cant seem to screen mirror from my smart phone to my Telstra TV 2 receiver, not sure what I'm doing wrong, all seems connected, can someone help plz.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: How do I screen mirror from my device to Telstra Tv?

If you have an IOS smart phone you can't screen cast to a Telstra TV. The Telstra TV supports Miracast and does not support Chromecast or Airplay. With Android 4.1 Google built support into Android 4.1 for Miracast and some Android phone manufactures also built support for Miracast into there phones but when google introduce its own competing Chromecast devices for screen mirroring the settings google hid the settings for Miracast. There are apps available in the google play store that will allow you to cast the screen of compatible Android phone to a Telstra TV. Just do a search in the play store for a Miracast app.

Highlighted

Many thanks for your reply, not sure whats happening, I have the mirror app on my Samsung s8 and it 'sees' the Telstra box but just doesnt want to connect it keeps coming up with 'connecting...  Try unplugging the connected device power cable and try again' I did all this to the Telstra box, LG TV and restarted my phone, still wont work.  The Tv Cast for LG on my phone is also not connecting.  I will try a different app and see if that works.

Thanks again  👍👍

Highlighted

If the app detects the TV it should be a compatible app.

There are also a few settings on the Telstra TV that have to be set.

Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode > Prompt or Always allow. If set to prompt when a device tries to connect there will be a prompt on the TV that you have to acknowledge before your device will connect.

Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Devices > Always blocked devices. Check your phone is not listed.

Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Device Connect Sett to Enable Device Connect.

Highlighted

Many thanks again for all your help, I checked the above settings and all was set right but still wont connect so I did a system reset. I was so happy it all came up, found my phone and connected successfully... For about 10 minutes then dropped out and now cant connect again. Very sad, maybe my TV box is faulty.  Anyway I will try to find a solution at worst I will cable a device to make it work.

Thanks again for being so helpful and patient with me 👍😃

Highlighted

Hi cf4,

You seem to know what you’re talking about! I have just purchased an android phone (I use iPhone normally) so that I can screen mirror to my Roku box / Telstra TV. However when I attempt to connect t the screen mirroring app to the Roku or Sony tv it is only “seeing” the Chromecast in another room! I am so confused. Any help would be great. I’ve tried a few different mirroring apps and same thing. Thanks Smiley Happy 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more