ajbath
Level 4: Private Eye

How do I set local TV channels in the TV app?

Telstra TV is set up to display / select 'local' TV channels for my area but in the TV App the channels seem to be set as Melbourne Metro channels and don't change to the correct channel when selected in the app. Eg. the Seven channels look to be set up as 7, 70, 71, 72 etc. where for my location they should be 6, 60, 61 etc for Prime 7. Same applies for 9 and 10 networks. ABC and SBS work OK as they are the same channel numbers in country and metro.

Must be a setting somewhere but buggered if I can find it! 😕

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: How do I set local TV channels in the TV app?

You have probably already done so, but if you go to Settings then Time, check that you are in the right timezone for a starter.

If you are in a fringe area (between two states for instance) your TTV might be picking up signals from a closer tower, or from two towers. Sounds like you have a TV antenna, so if the timezone is right, you might need to rescan the channels. There might still be an issue though so you might alson need to check if you modem/network is also set for the correct timezone.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
SteveW_52

Further info, I recall others reporting a similar problem a few months ago, it might have been due to an allocated IP address..  not sure how that can be resolved though, it would have to be a question to Telstra support.

Did your TTV show the channels correctly before? Has this issue just started showing up? Have you rebooted the TTV and have you checked if there are any system or app updates?

Stevo 52
ajbath

Thanks Steve, the box itself is working fine with all the 'local' channels listing and selectable as expected. The problem I'm having is within the Telstra TV iPhone App where it lists all the channels as buttons you can use to quick-select. These ones don't match up with those listed in the box so I'm thinking there must be a similar 'time' or 'location' setting in the app that I'm missing.

SteveW_52

OK, there might also be an update available for the app? or maybe thry reinstalling/restarting the app or repairing it with the TTV?

Stevo 52
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I'm in the Latrobe Valley and have the same problem. There is no method to change the app channel shortcuts from Metro to Regional.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ajbath

I've lodged a job with Telstra Support and they are checking into it... unable to solve in Chat so will let me know soon.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more