jmac73
Level 1: Cadet

How to stop Live TV going to standby/screensaver?

Hi there,

I like being able to have the TV as background noise while I’m doing things around the house or I’m home alone, I also like to to leave the TV on when I’m not home so it appears there’s activity in the house. 

But the Telstra TV is automatically going to standby/screensaver mode after a few hours, and I can’t find a setting to stop it from doing this. I tried the Parental control trick in another post but that didn’t work. 

Is there a setting I’m missing?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How to stop Live TV going to standby/screensaver?

No. There is no setting. It will go into standby mode after 4 hours without input from the remote.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cm43
Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to stop Live TV going to standby/screensaver?

This has been annoying me too. There's a setting in the system/power section, but even with it disabled it still keeps doing it, but I just discovered today that there's another setting under "network" called "bandwidth saver" which does basically the same thing if the remote hasn't been touched in 4 hours if streaming.

It's given me messages before with a 'X' next to antenna, and a tick next to internet connection, so I wonder if sometimes when you think you're watching live TV but it's actually streaming, or at least thinks it is?

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more