Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

iheartradio app not working on 1st generation Telstra tv

Recently I noticed that the iheartradio app stopped working on my 1st generation Telstra tv (this would have been around the time they were heavily promoting the addition of podcasts you could now listen to on the app). Anyway, I can see the app and select it. It does open, and once I select my radio station of choice, the play button appears on the screen, but no matter how many times I select this button using play (or enter key) on my remote control unit, the app doesn't work. I have had no problems with it before and just wondered if this error appeared after any recent software updates. Also, it doesn't matter how many times I turn the power off and on to reset the device, it still doesn't get the app to work. P.S. I have looked at the previous post about this error, and that didn't help me at all.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: iheartradio app not working on 1st generation Telstra tv

Thanks Tess, for that detail. Sorry its not been working as intended. Do the other apps all work okay, and is your broadband service working correctly otherwise? What's your technology type? ADSL, NBN, Cable?  - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

All other apps on my telstra tv work fine.

And i am on nbn (hfc) connection. I have no issues with this connection.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know @Tess2019. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

That seems to work this time. So in future if any issues occur i should uninstall the app and then reinstall it?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I'm glad to hear this has been resolved @Tess2019. If the issue re-occurs I do recommend speaking with our team on 132200 when prompted say "Telstra TV" and they may be able to run further tests to see if there is an issue with the app or device. If you need any further assistance, let me know.  

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more