Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Incorrect time zone

I'm in QLD and when I go to watch the news on 9now I get Victoria news and not QLD News. I've checked my time zone and location and they are correct uninstalled the 9now app and reinstalled, reset the telstra TV console, checked my software to make sure it's updated. I've even disconnected and reconnected the modem. This is doing my head in. PLEASE HELP MEEEEEE?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Incorrect time zone

This is based on the Geo-tagging of your IP address. Are you using a VPN or anything like that? 

Have you tried turning your modem off for a couple of minutes at least, before reconnecting and see if that gives you a different IP and resolve the issue?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

All week I have been having issues with the automatic time from network. Currently I am in the Brisbane area and when I move around I get the wrong timezone from the Telstra Network.
Instead I get the Perth TimeZone (+8 instead of +10), which means alarms etc are always 2 hours behind.
I could manually set the time zone, however if your phone suffers time skew or you travel around, you will need to set the timezone manually.
Plus if you have time sensitive apps like 2 factor authentication, it may not function as expected if you have a time issue.
Just fix the timezone settings from the automatic date and time.
It is very frustrating.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi TechBrian,

I can appreciate how frustrating this issue would be. Have you been in touch with our mobile support team, 132200 and say 'mobile fault', to report this?

-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more