Rosie34
Level 1: Cadet

Kayo on Telstra TV crashes

When watching Kayo on Telstra tv it drops out after about 3 minutes of viewing. This repeats every time I go in. I have tried resetting and reinstalling the app. Same problem still occurs. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Kayo on Telstra TV crashes

@Rosie34 wrote:

When watching Kayo on Telstra tv it drops out after about 3 minutes of viewing. This repeats every time I go in. I have tried resetting and reinstalling the app. Same problem still occurs. 

Hi @Rosie34 

Just testing my Kayo on the TTV and it's working fine.

It might be an issue with your connection, I assume you are using WiFi?

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Shoey666

Exactly the same happening to me. It’s a 4200tl box. Everything else streams alright. It’s giving me the **bleep**s now trying to watch the football.

Veezy
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Shoey666, have you spoken to our Telstra TV tech yet by any chance?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Rosie34

All the other apps (Netflix, Prime etc.) stream perfectly fine. Just Kayo when watching NRL. Yep using WiFi, router is 3m from the TTV box. 

Veezy
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply Rosie34, have you tried these tips from the Kayo website? - https://tel.st/gjyr5.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

FraserM

Has just started happening for me also.  Was there any solution?  

Have tried the tips on the kayo site. Have connected using EOP and wireless.  Still only get 3 minutes or so either way before it drops me out to the TTV home screen  Have rebooted the router and also tried updating app and TTV software but apparently all up to date.  I guess it might sort itself the same way it broke itself?! 😉🙄

FraserM

UPDATE

when I fired TTV up again today it threw an HDCP 0020 error. I followed the steps to unplug and plug in again for HDMI and power and Kayo has been fine since then.  So may be related to my setup on old TV/HDMI cable.  

Shoey666

My solution was to throw the 4200tl box out & get a TTV2. Has been working fine on that.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more