Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Movies HD vs. SD

Answered
What is the technical difference between HD vs SD on telstra box office, I have watched both And haven't noticed any difference. My tv is 5 year old and only 1080p, is HD only worth it if you have a 4k tv or something?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Movies HD vs. SD

@Azzasomething wrote:
What is the technical difference between HD vs SD on telstra box office, I have watched both And haven't noticed any difference. My tv is 5 year old and only 1080p, is HD only worth it if you have a 4k tv or something?

@Azzasomething HD would be a better picture for you to watch as it would be in 1080p versus SD 480p. 4K is another thing entirely.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

@Azzasomething wrote:

@Azzasomething HD would be a better picture for you to watch as it would be in 1080p versus SD 480p. 4K is another thing entirely.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

720p and 1080p are HD. You would notice a cosiderable difference between that and SD which is 480p. HD content being clearer picture and better quality audio usually accompanies it.

I can hear the differnce in audio volume and quality when i change between HD and SD tv channels for example.
Make sure all your settings are set to play content in HD.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more