Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

my telstra tv automatically turns on

Recently their must have been a change as now my telstra tv turns on in the middle of the night.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: my telstra tv automatically turns on

Same here. Not sure what has changed but it’s only been happening for me the past week.

Highlighted

Me too, very annoying and only in the past week or so.

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

I have two Telstra TV 2 and both have started turning back on (led status light on) after being in standby mode for some time.   I did carry out a few experiments and found that it appears it is turning back on after it has been in the power saving standby mode for 4 hours after which it is supposed to power down and switch off (as per advanced power settings).  It would appear that instead of switching off after the 4 hour power saving mode, it is switching back on.  Maybe a recent firmware problem that needs to be rectified.

Highlighted

This would make sense to me as I haven’t changed any settings on the TV or Telstra TV since it was hooked up. How do we go about providing feedback to the Telstra TV team?

Highlighted

Me too! It’s bizarre. Woke me up when asleep last night😡

Highlighted

I was also wondering how we officially report this problem to Telstra.   Maybe we have to call the official Telstra support number 13 22 00 and report the issue.  Could one of the moderators provide how we officially report this issue to Telstra to have it investigated and fixed.

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi all,

I'll flag @ashliem.

I have noticed in the past that she's posted a News Feed regarding another Telstra TV problem.

Hopefully she'll be able to pass your problem onto the relevant team.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Smiley3 

Thanks for flagging this with me!

I'll pass this onto the relevant team to be investigated Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines.

Highlighted

I've got two second gen Telstra TV's and both turn on when they should be off.

Most annoying!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all, 

My apologies for the issues you've been experiencing with Telstra TV. 

I've raised this with the relevant team, who were already aware of the problem and are investigating a fix.

In the meantime, I've been advised that pressing the Home button (to return to the home screen) before turning the TV off should minimise the chance of it switching back on by itself.

I hope this will help resolve the problem for now, but I'll be sure to post back with any more information I receive Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi Ashliem, thanks for your advice, however I have tried your solution many times and when I next press the home button to restart the Telstra TV, it does not automatically restart and have to reboot it by switching off and back on at the power point.

Highlighted

The Roku box repeatedly turns on after being turned off. sometimes two or three time in succession, and sometimes a few minutes pass before it comes on automatically. This looks like a hardware fault to me and becomes a warranty claim as the box is only a few months old.

I have taken to powering off at the wall at night as an interim solution. Always good to receive some FEEDBACK on progress!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Outnabout 

I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience. I'll share this with the team, and will let you know if I'm able to find anything else that might help while we wait for a fix.

Highlighted

Still having this issue as well. Sometimes it works when you go back to Home and others it doesn’t. This to me seems like a software issue. Is everyone else still having this same issue like I am? Are their any software fixes coming to address this?

Highlighted

dansilva, Yep, I'm still having the issue. bloody annoying as going to the home screen first doesn't always work like they suggest.

Highlighted

@ashliem wrote:

Hi @Outnabout 

I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience. I'll share this with the team, and will let you know if I'm able to find anything else that might help while we wait for a fix.

Hi ashleim, are there any fixes to this issue on the horizon? Was there an update recently which would cause this issue.

Hoping to hear from you regarding plans to fix this issue, aside from having to turn off the Telstra TV at the power point. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @dansilva85

Thank you for your post. 

As has been mentioned previously in this thread, the technical team are aware of the issue and working on a resolution.

We do not have any timeframe at the moment for this resolution. 

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Dear Support Team.

The problem occurred after an update on May 5th and I believe this has been a problem before as per a post in January 2018 so it should not take that long to correct 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more