CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBA App issue

Answered

Hello,
Until recently I have been able to use my NBA app on Telstra TV with no problem (I have a league pass subscription)

but now it is coming up with an error message

"Not available in your region - This is not available in your geographic region"
I have tried restarting the box, and reconnecting the internet connection but so far this hasn't worked.

Please fix as this is the only reason I brought a Telstra TV to watch the NBA

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: NBA App issue

Hi there @P3dg3

Just wanted to send a general response to advise that if your NBA League Pass subscription has been purchased with a VPN or purchased in another geographical region it will not work on the Telstra TV.

The NBA app on the Telstra TV (Roku) will detect the region of your subscription and block if it is not an Australian subscription. "Not available in your region - This is not available in your geographic region" will be the error message received.

If you are an Australian NBA League pass subscriber we apologise for the error. There is no current work around at this time.

I hope this has helped to clarified the issue.

Thanks.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

I am having the exact same issue.

I took my Telstra TV box to a family members house (also on Telstra network), and it worked fine, brought it back to my house and it still does not work.

Please fis this issue.

Highlighted

Hi,

Try restarting the modem first once modem is up, restart telstra tv by going in to SETTINGS - SYSTEM - SYSTEM RESTART. Wait for the telstratv to be connected to the modem then try the app. If this wouldn't work try  to unistall and reinstall app.

Highlighted

Any luck @P3dg3? I'm having the same issue. Have tried restarting modem, telstra tv, uninstalling the app and reinstalling and still get the geo error :'(

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue too Smiley Sad

Can't seem to find a proper solution to this online, yet

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi there @P3dg3

Just wanted to send a general response to advise that if your NBA League Pass subscription has been purchased with a VPN or purchased in another geographical region it will not work on the Telstra TV.

The NBA app on the Telstra TV (Roku) will detect the region of your subscription and block if it is not an Australian subscription. "Not available in your region - This is not available in your geographic region" will be the error message received.

If you are an Australian NBA League pass subscriber we apologise for the error. There is no current work around at this time.

I hope this has helped to clarified the issue.

Thanks.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Jimmy,

The error message actually pops up when the App is opened.

In my case, I got the error message when I had just installed and opened the NBA app and I had not entered my NBA account details.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @slam89

I have only heard of people experiencing this error once the log in details have been entered.

Stay tuned for future updates. Your patience during this process is very much appreciated.

Highlighted

Hi Telstra Crowd Support,

I also experienced the same issue. I only joined Telstra cable and got the brand new Telstra TV. Once I turn on the Telstra TV for the first time, and registered it. I tried NBA App. As soon as it opens (and before I even have a chance to put in my NBA League Pass details), a popup with the georgrahical region error was displayed, just like everyone else experienced here. 

I think there is a problem with the NBA App or the recent updates. It needs to be fixed as soon as possible. Otherwise the Telstra TV is useless to me.

Regards,

Kamchatsky

Highlighted

I have experienced the same problem. The work around for me is to open another app (like the NBL) and close it and then open the NBA app.
Highlighted

Hey guys - I have had similar experiences but it would always work after a while. Also some games will play while others won't Smiley Sad

Recently I had been consistently getting the geographical error and unable to watch games, and when I went to watch on my iPad it told me I was signed in on another device. I watch on a lot of devices - phone, iPad, laptop, desktop, Telstra TV - so I guess it's fair that it has some issues.

Point is that I logged out on Telstra TV and back in and it seemed to resolve the issue.

Hope this works for everyone.
Highlighted

we have been unable to use our PAID NBA subscription on our Telstra TV for a week now, no amount of rebooting / re-installing has resolved this issue (as it had previously) come  one telstra.. we pay for support provide it please... very disappointed young boys that can't watch a rather expensive subscription

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey jamheath,

I'm sorry for the issues that you have experienced with this NBA subscription and do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused Smiley Sad Do you have issues with being able to access this subscription via another device like a computer, mobile or tablet device? Once you have the subscription active then this can be accessed via these other devices as well. Just want to know if you could have the account accessed correctly and the only issue is with the app? 

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

I think I've found a fix! When you open the NBA app on Telstra TV be ready with the remote. As soon as the NBA logo diappears and the menu pops up start pushing all the way down the menu to the bottom (I think it is settings - I'm too busy enjoying watching a game right now) and select it with "OK" on the remote. You have to beat the app before it pops up with the "Out of region" dialoge. Once you have done this go and put your account details in and login. Voila

Highlighted

Hey thanks Spanx!

That worked a treat. What a ridiculous farce it is that such a problem exists in the first place. Another Telstra fail. 

Telstra completely stuffed up the migration of Bigpond email from Microsoft Outlook.com over to their own amateur-hour mail platform. What are these muppets doing over there? I can tell you what they are not doing - they're not focussing on the customer, and I can say that from having worked as a contractor in Professional Services for 5 months. I call it "institutionlised ineptitude". Telstra employees have a term for switching off that part of your brain that says "WTF?" - it's called being "Telstra-sised. 

Highlighted

having same problem, it wont let me enter my nba tv login details to verify my subscription.

Highlighted

Hey salma77,

Having the same problem. But somehow I am able to fix it. First of all download latest version of NBA app from AppVV. Now get the free VPN from the internet. Install both the apps. Before launching your NBA app please turn on your VPN and set the location to be US or UK. Hope this will hep you.

Highlighted

we have been unable to use our PAID NBA subscription on our Telstra TV for a week now, no amount of rebooting / re-installing has resolved this issue (as it had previously) come  one telstra. <link to 3rd party website removed> is the best file manager/ file explorer of root users. This will access all the including the exclusive data. 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more