runaround
Level 9: Captain

NBA app

See we now have the NBA app but a bit disappointed that it is a pay for app , I would have thought that a possible low interest site would be better off supplying content for free until it builds a good viewer base then slowly implement a pay for view plan

IMO

Again the lack of notification was disappointing , Telstra TV you do have our email addresses

Runaround

"Just someone trying to get my TelstraTV to work like in the advertisements"

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
22 REPLIES 22
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: NBA app

Hi Runaround

Thanks for the feedback. As advised, we did send notifications out, and I'm really sorry that you did not receive one. It's never great to find something out after the fact. 

We will be passing your feedback on regarding the NBA App, although I can't guarantee anything will change in the short term. 

-    Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

durutti
Level 1: Cadet

WHat are u charging to load NBA App? 

durutti

How much  is this app?

DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey durutti,

There is no charge for the app to be downloaded on to the Telstra TV device, but you will require a subscription to be able to stream and view the games. It is done through the NBA League Pass and the packages can be located at:

http://watch.nba.com/packages

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Jschuttloffel

Hello, 

Until recently I have been able to use my NBA app on Telstra TV with no problem (I have a subscription) but now it is coming up with an error message - Not available in your region - This. Intent is not available in your geographic region. 

We recently had both our phone and Internet connection go down, and it is since this happened I have not been able to connect.

i have tried restarting the box, and reconnecting the internet connection but so far this hasn't worked.

thanks.

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jschuttloffel to ensure everything is correct for your Telstra TV contact 13 22 00 and say Telstra TV so we can troubleshoot with you. You may also use the app FAQs here: http://www.nbl.com.au/nbl-tv-faqs/ 

chriscoandleask

I CANT EVEN GET THE NBA APP TO OPEN AS IT SAYS THAT IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN MY REGION BUT I SAW A COMMUNICATION THROUGH TELSTRA THAT THIS WILL WORK ON THEIR NEW TELSTRA TV ROKU DEVICE THEY TALKED ME INTO

wabisabi

Hi,

I have had the same problems with NBA app on my Telstra TV Box. I have a subscription ($280). It works on and off. For a couple of days it says "Not available in your region" and sometimes "This game is not part of your subscription" then for another 3 or 4 days its fine and I can watch everything and then it goes back to the error messages for a couple of days again.

Its very frustrating that your can only use the app half the time when you've paid close to $300 for the subscription.

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi wabisabi

That's not good to hear. 

We'd recommend speaking directly with the NBL TV team - as they are fully responsible for this app and the subscription.

It looks like they can be contacted on  info@nbl.com.au and they ask that you include details of the problem in your email to them.

yamidoingthis

This problem is happening with the NBA app not the NBL app. I brought a Telstra TV for the sole purpose of using it for the NBA app. I got a subscription for the NBA costs $300 a year. Now I find out the app you advertised doesn't actually work. Well that's false advertising from Telstra. I'm sure the ombudsman would love to hear about this. Not to mention the tv networks and social media. Not that your reputation could get any worse this year. Get your act together
Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi yamidoingthis, 

I would suggest contacting our Telstra TV technical team on 132200 and when prompted say ‘Telstra TV’ then ’Faults’

yamidoingthis

I tried that. Total waste of time. They had no idea what I was talking about and told me to contact the NBA customer service. The problem is with the Telstra tv. It has nothing to do with the NBA. They wouldn't know what a Telstra was.
Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Can I confirm that you are an Australian NBA League Pass subscriber, or did you purchase with a VPN or in another geographical location? 

yamidoingthis

Yes I got an Australian subscription.

That has nothing to do with the problem though. The app won't even open to let me put my details in. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted my modem, restarted the Telstra tv, factory reset the Telstra tv and it still won't open properly.
Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the reply. We are aware of an issue and trying to rectify. 

Other users have been able to access by opening another App, example NBL, then closing and opening NBA App. 

Otherwise, we apologise for the error. There is no current work around at this time.

yamidoingthis

This has been happening for at least a month and Telstra don't know what's wrong...

Nice to see that it is still being advertised on the Telstra TV website even though it doesn't work
Spanx
Level 3: Gumshoe

I think I've found a fix!

When you open the NBA app on Telstra TV be ready with the remote. As soon as the NBA logo diappears and the menu pops up start pushing all the way down the menu to the bottom (I think it is settings - I'm too busy enjoying watching a game right now) and select it with "OK" on the remote. You have to beat the app before it pops up with the "Out of region" dialoge. Once you have done this go and put your account details in and login. Voila

TTVboy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Good workaround @Spanx that worked for me.

What's with the hate for Telstra on these threads?  It's obviously an issue with the NBA app and not the device.  According to the details in the spp store this is developed by NBA themsleves not Telstra.so try NBA support - http://support.watch.nba.com/

r0dn3y

Are there any updates on this issue?  Just picked up a Telstra TV the other day, but the workaround doesnt work for me (trying to hit settings before the error comes up). 

Zazza

NBA League Pass

I have an existing NBA league pass account but I cannot access any content or even sign in on Telstra TV as it says this service is not available in my region (Australia). How do I resolve this ??
Zazza

Re: NBA League Pass

ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBA League Pass

Hi @Zazza

I'd recommend attempting what Spanx suggested or alternatively, I would suggest contacting our Telstra TV technical team on 132200 and when prompted say ‘Telstra TV’ then ’Faults’

You can find support for the NBA League Pass via http://support.watch.nba.com/

Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more