jorocoles
Level 3: Gumshoe

Pairing ipad to sony smart tv

We did 15.4 update on our ipads yesterday and now ipad will not pair with Sony Bravia TV.

Tried all the different fixes. Concluded the update has created ablock we cannot overcome?

we listen to our Telstra TV with corded earphones through the ipad. This cannot be used now because we cannot pair the tv to the ipad.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Pairing ipad to sony smart tv

I think you mean iOS14.5 which came out a few days ago.

Try Hard Resetting your iPads to clear the operational memory (it doesn't clear your data or apps), and see if that resolves the problem. Otherwise you may be waiting for iOS 14.6+ to fix the problem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
jorocoles

• Yep 14.5, senior’s moment. Will try hard reset, or wait if that is the only option.
  • thank you
Dowser
Level 20: Director

It could be worth doing a factory reset on the Sony Bravia TV.

Hollowhead
Level 2: Rookie

I have the same issue as well.  My iPhone and iPad can't see my Telstra TV at all.  No amount of resetting devices helped at all.  I'm wondering if it had something to do with the Privacy updates.  Maybe the Telstra TV app needs to be upgraded to take this into account.  Just a thought.

Jupiter

Unfortunately it's a fault with iOS 14.5

If it was a privacy issue, then the iOS device would still see the Telstra TV, it just wouldn't connect. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Hollowhead

Fair enough - I was just wondering.  I wonder if it affects all Roku devices - that way Apple would be more inclined to fix the update.  Hopefully iOS 14.5.1 is being worked on. I might have to switch to Android devices as it is seriously inconvenient...

Dowser

Have you looked at this Troublshooting page? https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/support/articles/00135146

jorocoles

Yes thank you. Will wait for new ios update to hopefully fix provlem.

Dowser

Now that you have been through that troubleshooter. I suggest that you contact Apple Support to discuss & report the issue. Their phone number is 1300 321 456

jorocoles

Typical response from call centre. Must be a Telstra problem. 14.5.1 already downloaded and installed but problem not fixed.

Jupiter

The problem occurred when iOS 14.5 was downloaded. It did not occur prior to that, and yet you are trying to blame Telstra for the problem? Apple has become synonymous with buggy firmware over recent years. It can take them a number of versions to correct bugs.

Hollowhead

Too true.  I picked up a cheap Android tablet - problem solved!

Dowser

If I am understanding you correctly, you pair the Sony Bravia TV to the iPad just to listen to the audio using the iPad.

That sounds like it has nothing to do with Telstra.

To prove the point, remove the Telstra TV components and see if the pairing works. If not, then I suggest that you re-contact Apple without mentioning Telstra (because you removed it from the situation).

jorocoles

Ipad is pairing with the Telstra TV Roku box on our Sony Bravia TV (older model android prior to 2015). 

Dowser

@jorocoles wrote:

Ipad is pairing with the Telstra TV Roku box on our Sony Bravia TV (older model android prior to 2015). 

You said in your first post “… and now ipad will not pair with Sony Bravia TV.”

Now you are saying that the iPad is pairing with the Telstra TV Roku box, which is a different situation.

If it’s pairing then what is the problem?.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more