Splonkponk7
Level 1: Cadet

Panasonic Plasma not working with Telstra TV

My older Panasonic Plasma TV TH-P42X30A has 3 HDMI inputs but none work with my early Telstra TV Model 4200X. Inputs working with DVD recorder....Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Panasonic Plasma not working with Telstra TV

Have you confirmed the Telstra TV output works to another device?

Have you tried a factory reset?

If you have, then try manual setting (not Auto) the TTV output to a lower resoultion - 576i, 720p etc..  increase you may not even get to 1080p.  keep increasing until the display is lost or behaves badly, then go back one step (you'll need that other device to be ablke to do that, or a factory reset).

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Splonkponk7

It does work on my smart TV's but I'll try a lower res...thanks

SteveW_52

According to this manual, the HDMI 1 input is the one you should use I think.

https://www.panasonic.com/content/dam/Panasonic/support_manual/Color_TV/English/_TH-P42X30A_Operatin...

All the HDMI's should handle 480i to 1080p..

Stevo 52
Splonkponk7

Tried factory reset and resolution decrease (750) no luck. Any other suggestions?

Splonkponk7

Tried all 3 inputs and several HDMI cables; still no luck

SteveW_52

Have you tried the original HDMI cable that came with the TTV (if you can identify it)?

Other than that, not much more that I can suggest ..  it would seem to be the cable is the most likely cause but not 100% on that.

Stevo 52
ACroker
Support Team
Support Team

Another thing I might suggest that is also related to the resolution issue that Steve pointed out is trying different options within the display menu. Sometimes there'll be an option like "just scan" you can try which can stop cropping but also affects the native resolution. Try all the different resolution and screen options you can and as Steve has also mentioned, switching out and trying different HDMI cables may help too. I'd try all these steps on each HDMI port on your telly too. I have an old plasma I still use and I know it's unable to pick up HD channels now so it may also be worth trying to lower the resolution on the Telstra TV box when connected to your smart TV then connect it back up to your plasma. Might be worth a try, here is some more info on changing the resolution settings on your Telstra TV https://tel.st/s9ngnt.

- Ash

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more