Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Remove Telstra TV from Account

Answered

I sold my Telstra TV (which I owned outright) on 07/06/2018. I have been charged numerous times for Telstra Box Office purchases made by the person I sold the TV to.

I have contacted the person who I sold the TV to via Facebook, and was advised that they had rectified the issue.

It is now nearly 2 years later, and I'm still being charged for their purchases.

The person is no longer contactable on Facebook, so I am unable to request them to reset the TV and remove my ID from it.

I have checked CrowdSupport for assistance, and it appears that you need to reset the Telstra TV to remove it from your account

As I no longer have access to the device, and cannot contact the person I sold it to, what options do I have?

I am stuck, and don't know what to do. 

I know the serial number of the device, but cannot find out how to deactivate it online.

Furthermore, Telstra are not accepting calls for this particular issue due to COVID-19, so I'm stuck trying online platforms to resolve the issue.

So, please... Tell me... How do I remove the Telstra TV from my account, and stop the charges for Telstra TV Box Office appearing on my bill from the person I sold the Telstra TV to?

... Please! Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Remove Telstra TV from Account

If you log in to telstratv.com and then go into settings, got to Account, then switch on the option to "Use Account PIN to confirm purchases" and then change the Account PIN just to make sure. That will stop further purchases against your account.

You can have 5 devices registered against your account and I don't think the remove option appears until after you have 5 registered.

So, after setting your PIN, send an email to boxofficesupport@telstratv.com requesting that the Telstra TV be removed as a registered device.

And always remember, when disposing of any working electronic device: Always delete all accounts and files and restore it to factory settings before handing it over.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Remove Telstra TV from Account

If you log in to telstratv.com and then go into settings, got to Account, then switch on the option to "Use Account PIN to confirm purchases" and then change the Account PIN just to make sure. That will stop further purchases against your account.

You can have 5 devices registered against your account and I don't think the remove option appears until after you have 5 registered.

So, after setting your PIN, send an email to boxofficesupport@telstratv.com requesting that the Telstra TV be removed as a registered device.

And always remember, when disposing of any working electronic device: Always delete all accounts and files and restore it to factory settings before handing it over.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more