IngridD
Level 1: Cadet

Request Update connection in Telstra TV

Answered
Hi, I just received a new Telstra TV and cannot get past the Wireless setup stage. I can set up new wireless connection and it accepts my password etc and shows strong connection. However it keeps asking to “update connection” which then cycles through and tells me that it’s not connected. It tells me to check my password or restart the box which I have done numerous times. It is the only screen that I can access. Any assistance much appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Request Update connection in Telstra TV

Do you have an ethernet (LAN) cable handy that you can use to connect the TTV to the router and then set it up to use a wired ethernet connection?

There might be a problem with your Wi-Fi that is causing this - what sort of Telstra modem/router do you have (there is a label on the bottom usually)?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

Do you have an ethernet (LAN) cable handy that you can use to connect the TTV to the router and then set it up to use a wired ethernet connection?

There might be a problem with your Wi-Fi that is causing this - what sort of Telstra modem/router do you have (there is a label on the bottom usually)?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

View solution in original post

IngridD

It’s a Telstra Smart Modem Gen2. I can try an Ethernet connection but my old Telstra t box still connect perfectly. I’ll give it a try and see. Thanks

SteveW_52

There are 2 models of the Smart Modem 2. Only slight differences but one has reported issues with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi.

From a remote perspective, it is difficult to know the setup you have, so troubleshooting starts with basics, trying to narrow the problem down.

Stevo 52
IngridD

Thanks, I connected via Ethernet to another TV and ran setup, then connected via wireless. It connected immediately and I then unplugged and reconnected to the original tv. I connected via wireless without issue.

Thanks for your advice.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more