Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

ROKU Internal Errors 644, 645 & 649

A few weeks ago I started occasionally getting RE644 protected content. It was annoying but exiting and reentering Foxtel Now resolved it.

Now today I have started getting RE645? and RE649 HTTP and Bitrate error messages. They occur every few minutes and occur only when watching Foxtel Now. I have been watching Foxtel Now live so do not know if it occurs for on demand too.

The restarting my Telstra TV3 is hit and miss, is there a permanent way to fix it?

BTW I am unable to reach anyone today at Telstra support, even there chat session says "no consultant available thank you for chatting with us" and technical support just disconnects the call

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: ROKU Internal Errors 644, 645 & 649

I started having the same issue yesterday. It’s pretty frustrating when a company like Telstra has these pages and fails to respond with a fix to the issue, especially when you pay good money every month to have a service that is meant to be flawless. 
I can tell you that if don’t get a response to the fix by the end of the week, I will be cancelling all of Telstra services. 

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The normal fix is to uninstall and reinstall the Foxtel Now app.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

That hasn’t been working

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more