Dans-bill
Level 1: Cadet

Someone is downloading movies on my telstra box office account.

Answered

Someone is buying and renting movies on my telstra box office account. I am getting charged but they do not appear on my library or transaction list. I rang about this when it started and after 40 minutes on hold the gentleman said, no it is not showing on my transaction so I don't need to worry. Well, now someone has just put $103.00 on my bill and I am not looking forward to sitting on hold for another 40 minutes when this should have been worked out the first time. Does anyone from telstra actually look at this, or am I just ranting to the masses... Please contact me telstra,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Someone is downloading movies on my telstra box office account.

Is it appearing on your Telstra Bill, or your Bank Statement?

If it's appearing on your Telstra Bill, you will need to contact Telstra on 132200 or Chat using My Telstra app. Crowdsupport is primarily a customer 2 customer forum and nobody has access to account information or billing systems.

If it's on your Bank Statement, call your bank and lodge a disputed transaction notice.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
19 REPLIES 19
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Is it appearing on your Telstra Bill, or your Bank Statement?

If it's appearing on your Telstra Bill, you will need to contact Telstra on 132200 or Chat using My Telstra app. Crowdsupport is primarily a customer 2 customer forum and nobody has access to account information or billing systems.

If it's on your Bank Statement, call your bank and lodge a disputed transaction notice.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Do you have a Telstra TV device no? Did you have a one previously, that you have passed/sold on perhaps?

A recent post here was a customer who sold on their TTV without resetting it, so there account details were still available on the device.

You should change your Telstra ID password/details, to thwart whoever is doing the renting. If you can't do it yourself, Telstra support can do it - mention that when you cantact them.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Csm001

Same thing has been happening to me- I logged into my account online changed my password and added a pin but even in my own tv I didn’t need to sign in or use a pin. I have been refunded but I expect whoever is using my account still has access. Their security is a joke

ACroker
Support Team
Support Team

Hi, I would agree with what Jupiter has said here. If it is appearing on your Telstra bill, please get in touch with us directly, otherwise, if it is appearing on your bank statement you will need to contact your financial institution. Either way, if you need assistance with it for whatever reason please get in touch with us on one of the social channels and we'll be happy to help.

- Ash

Josh231

Im having the same issue. My device was stolen and I have been trying for over a month to get it sorted. I'll be talking to the ombudsmen this week as their live chat support is a joke and their phone support staff keep pushing me onto the live chat.

roshirina
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Josh231

We'd like to look into this and work towards a solution. A pm's been sent to you, to get started.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Frustrated270
Level 2: Rookie

Exactly the same is happening to me! Rang Telstra 132200 & they refunded the two rentals that had occurred on my Telstra TV & account however they could not pass me onto someone to work out how it was happening & why I have a Telstra TV registered on my Telstra TV app under manage devices that isn’t even mine - serial number doesn’t match either of mine! Have now just received two more invoices of new rental charges that I haven’t purchased!

Frustrated270

I would like to add that it is a brand new Telstra TV out of the sealed box that I only set up two weeks ago. I also changed the pin & password on my account & it’s still happening!

Jupiter

The Telstra TV itself has nothing to do with your Telstra TV Box Office Account. It sounds like someone has logged into a device using your Telstra TV Box Office details (email address or Telstra ID - and password).

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Please use the above mentioned suggested methods to request a refund.

Frustrated270

I have changed my Telstra ID password & it’s still happening… How do I stop this person from accessing the Telstra Box Office account then because you log in to this using your Telstra ID details…

Frustrated270

I will be calling again to request another refund but how do I remove the hackers Telstra tv from my registered Telstra TVs showing in my Telstra tv/Telstra box office app??? If it’s not removed they are going to be able to continue renting movies on my account!

Jupiter

Send an email to boxofficesupport@telstratv.com with the details of the Telstra TV that you want to be removed from the account. Make sure that you include your contact details in the email.

Frustrated270

3 times now I have had to email Telstra Box Office requesting a refund! I have changed my MyTelstra ID password & the purchase pin on my account and someone is still registering their Telstra TV on my account & renting movies!! How can I stop this from happening???

Jupiter

Your only options are to email boxofficesupport@telstratv.com and explain what is happening and ask them what needs to be done to fix the problem. Include everything that you have already tried.

If they can't solve the problem, then lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

alsofrustrated5

Did you solve this frustrated270 the same thing has just started happening to us too, chat is no use at all, I have just sent off an email to box office support - any tips?

Frustrated270

I have lodged a complaint & still waiting for answers! This has happened to me on four separate occasions now & I have changed my Telstra ID password & reset the purchase pin on my Telstra TV app each time & it’s still happening! Not a happy customer!

I will let you know if/when I get answers…

TanashaM
Support Team
Support Team

Hey, what's your complaint reference number? Happy to look into it for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Frustrated270

Complaints phoned me yesterday and advised they will forward the issue onto the technical area... and they are unable to do anything further unless I receive another tax invoice advising that my account has had fraudulent attempts again! If I receive another tax invoice I will be one very unhappy customer!  At this stage I'm assuming you will not be able to do anything to assist TanashaM, however thanks for the offer. I have forwarded an email to complaints which includes all details of what has happened on my Telstra TV/Telstra Box Office account since activating my Telstra TV.  My complaints reference no. is 22354573. 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more